Bad Day, Bad Week, Bad Hair

I sat in the passenger’s seat, pouting with my arms across my chest, looking out the window watching all of the trees fly by us as he drove. I felt like a child.

  "You are so immature." He said, laughing at me.

  "Why did you want me ride with you again?" I asked, feeling very angry. I was glaring at him out of the corner of my eye.

  "I didn't want you to ride the bus again, duh." He said sarcastically. I somehow didn’t believe him. I did have to admit, it wasn’t that bad driving with him. I liked getting the stares from people as we drove down the main streets of town.

  "Oh, sure." And then the eye rolling.

  "I wanted to talk to you, about Friday." he seemed apologetic about it. So Damon Salvatore does have feelings after all.

  "Oh." I raised my eyebrow. I wasn’t expecting it, only hoping.

  "I don't know what came over me, and I apologize.” There was indeed a hunger in his eyes.

  "It's alright." I said coldly.

  "I heard the rumors. They don't make you sound like the best person to be around. I mean, you slept with Damon Salvatore, omg, I don't know why I'm driving you home." His words were soaked with sarcasm and mockery.

  I laughed. "You're an ass." I added an eye roll for an added effect. I had to be careful about rolling my eyes, doing so would probably make me blind in a few years. I smiled to myself at that thought.

  "You love it." he smirked, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

  I gave him a coy smile.

 We arrived at my house at 4:05.

  "Shit!" I yelled, quickly reaching for my seat belt and unbuckling it.

  "What?" he said sounding genuinely surprised.

  "I'm going to be late." He got out and opened my door. He had only done it for me twice, but I was already used to it.

  "What are you going to be late for?" he drilled me.

  "I have a hair appointment at 4:30. It takes like 20 minutes to get there." I was running up to my porch as I talked.

  "I'll drive." He offered.

  "No, it's fine. Thanks so much though. And for the ride." I called to him.

  "I'll call you later." He said back.

  "But you don't have my number." I said to him as he was getting in his car.

  "I'll call you later. Have fun at your hair thing. Bye." With that, he sped off. I ran upstairs.

  "MOM! COME ON, LETS GO!" I yelled up the stairs.

  "Coming!" I heard her go through the house and walk down the stairs. We walked outside, got in the car, and left.

Damon's POV:

  I drove up to my house, where Stefan was already waiting.

  "Stefan, why do you always look so brooding? It always brings me down." I said I walked through our doors.

  "Did you not hear those rumors?" My younger brother demanded. He was standing in front of me in an instant. Sometimes he could be so demanding. Stefan needed to learn to chill.

  "Of course I did, vampire hearing, remember?" I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it with bourbon.

  "This was supposed to be a new start. We were going to get along, and nothing like this was going to happen. Then, you have to go and start following around this girl like a stalker, I might add, and then next thing you know, you’re making out with her, and then they're saying you slept with each other. Don't you think that it's a little suspicious?" he was standing in front of me. Again.

  "Aera did not start those rumors." I couldn't believe I was defending her. It was strange on Friday though, how somehow something just came over me. I hadn’t ever done that before. Well, I had. But not to someone who I had intended on draining dry in a few weeks.

  "Who did then?" he lowered his gaze to match mine.

  "I did, then I charmed some girl into taking the fall for them. Luckily, everyone thought it was her anyway." I said in a happier tone.

  "Why would you do that?" He asked, surprised.

  I shrugged. "Boredom, I suppose." And I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs.

Aera's POV:

  It was about six, and my stylist was putting the finishing touches on my hair. I cut it asymmetrical and it was not turquoise. It was green. Not even a touch of turquoise. It sucked. I wanted to cry. The lady apologized, and only made us pay half. My mother and I thanked her, and we left. We were on our way back, when I had gotten a call on my cell from a number that I didn't recognize. I answered anyway.

  "Hello?" I answered cheerfully; you could still hear the sadness in my voice.

  "Hey." It was Damon. "Well you sound gloomy."

  "I just got my hair cut and died, and it sucks. On top of that, there were those rumors.” I stifled a sob. “I'm pretty sure that all of the girls in the high school are out to get me, and ugh, it just sucks. Wait,” I paused. “Why am I telling you this?" I was to the point of breaking down, and while I was on the phone with Damon. There was something wrong with me.

  "I don't know, you’re the one that said it." You could hear the smirk in his tone. My mother gave me a concerned look and I just waved it away. 

  "Bye." I was about to hang up.

  "Wait, I'm sorry, that was pretty jerk-ish of me. Do you want to come over and talk?" there he went again, being kind. I wondered what had come over him.

  "No thanks. I'm sure that I'll be fine. Thank you though. See ya tomorrow."

And we hung up.

  "Who was that?" My mother asked.

  "Damon Salvatore." I sighed. He flirted with all the girls, he made me constantly angry. There was every reason for me to loathe him, but I couldn’t find myself to completely hate him.

~~~~~*~~~~~

Soo... the picture on the side is the picture of her hair. I was pretty excited to find a perfect match to what I was imagining. Gotta love the internet.  Anyway, thank you for all who have commented, read, and voted! That's pretty awesome of you all. Again, please comment and vote, it's always super appreciated! Tell me what you think, feedback is my favorite!