Hunger

So, I'm going to be gone soon so i though I would leave you with this

~~~~~*~~~~~

  My mother’s temperature started to get warmer. She was breathing heavily and seemed like she was asleep when I finally looked up and saw Damon standing behind me. I probably jumped ten feet in the air.
  "Jesus Christ, Damon, you scared me." I said gasping.
  "Sorry." he said. He was splotched in blood.
  "Are you alright?" I asked nervously.
  "Why? Are you concerned?" He asked, stepping forward so we were face to face. He had his eyebrow raised and his head tilted.
  "Just a little..." I confessed, my voice trailing off. I could see him glance behind me towards my mother.
  He gestured his head towards my mother. "What happened to her?" He asked. I told him what happened.
  "She was compelled by Khalid. I wasn't really her speaking." He confirmed my suspicion. I was grateful that it wasn’t her.
  "How did he manage that?" I wondered aloud.
  "When he got here he probably went into her mind and told her what to say." I was suddenly thinking back to all of the things my friends had said. If he had gotten to Sara, there was a high possibility that he had breached my other friend’s privacy as well.
  "Well, I'm glad she wasn't really saying it. Do you want to clean yourself up?" I offered as I gestured to the bathroom.
  "Yeah, I'll be back in ten." With that, he left. I was left alone watching my mother again. She looked much better now. She wasn’t as cold and before she had been shaking and that had ceased fairly quickly.
  Damon came back ten minutes later fresh and clean, but kept looking at me strangely.
  "Can you help me take her to her room?" I asked Damon. He took her, left and came back before I knew it. I couldn’t place my finger on it, but there was something strange about him.
  "Thank you." I told him. I would have smiled, but I didn’t have the mental energy to even think about it.
  He smiled back at me, with...what looked like hunger in his eyes.
  "Um... So what happened to you two? You weren't gone for very long." I sat down on the couch and looked at him.
  "He went to the woods, I followed, we fought, end of story. He ran away." A smug smirk grew across his face.
  "For him being an older vampire, he certainly doesn't act like it." I would have thought that he would have been much stronger than he was.
  "No, he doesn't." he looked like he was contemplating something, but his eyes quickly focused back onto me.
  "Damon, you're looking at me strangely, are you alright?" His eyes suddenly went black, and so did the skin around them. His fangs showed when he opened his mouth to speak. I stood up to face him.
  "I haven't eaten in days." There was a hint of longing in his otherwise painful filled voice. As he spoke, I had noticed his canine teeth had suddenly grown. I was starting to get nervous, and I was trying to figure out what to do.
  "You should go do something about it then." I stated not letting any fear I had show through me.
  "Are you offering?" He stepped closer as I stepped back.
  "No! Get your own blood, Damon." I screeched. I started to freak out. My hands were shaking and I couldn’t control my breathing. He knew I was scared. I suspected that vampires liked their prey to be afraid.
  "I could just take it from you, you know that, right?"
  "Yes. I am aware of that.” I stopped my hands from shaking momentarily as I thought. “Would it hurt?" I asked. Was I seriously considering letting him drink my blood? Yes, I was. I knew it might not be that bad. 'Why not?' I thought.
  "Only if you were to struggle." He said, staring at me, with eyes that were filled with passion. He smirked at me. He knew I was caving. It was the one and only time. I would have to inform him of this later though.
  I took a deep breath. “Fine" Was all I could manage, and quietly at that. Next thing I knew, I felt a sharp pain on my neck, and Damon's hands on me. I was trying to relax. I had to remind myself to breathe. So, I just closed my eyes, and went to a happy place. I was like that for a few minutes, when I started to feel light headed.
  I opened my eyes and noticed that I was gripping the back of Damon's leather jacket to me. I hadn't even noticed myself doing it.
  "Damon." I whisper partially in ecstasy and partially in worry. I felt him move under my hands. I dropped my arms back to my sides. I felt the pressure on my neck release. Damon was gone in an instant, and came back a few minutes later, but just as quickly, cleaned up, with no bit of blood on his face.
  Then, the pain on my neck set in. I refused to look like it hurt though.
  "I didn't... I'm sorry." I could figure out what to say.
  "Aera, you just gave me your blood; you don't need to be sorry about anything." He rolled his eyes. Even after I save him from murdering someone he still acts like a jerk.
  "I know, but, I don't know why I let you. God I'm such a masochist." *Nope, that was not a Twilight reference and should not been seen as such.
  He, smiled, and laughed deeply.
  "That may be, but you're my masochist." He kissed my forehead. "Let’s clean you up.”