I Can Explain

Depending on how well this weekend goes, I may or may not put up a new chapter. So, vote, comment, fan. Any of that would be awesome guys!!

~~~~~*~~~~~

I awoke on Damon's bare chest later that night, with his arms wrapped around me.
  "Hello love." He didn't have his usual sarcastic edge to saying that as usual. My heart fluttered, and skipped a beat. I might have even blushed a little. I didn't feel like the same little girl that I was when I woke up that morning.
  "Hi." I smiled feeling giddy. "What time is it?" I suddenly remembered my mother.
  "One in the morning. Don't worry about your mother, she's sleeping.” He stroked my hair.
  "Thank you."
  He kissed my hair. "You look beautiful when you sleep."
  I smiled in reply. "Do you ever sleep?" I asked him, sitting up on an elbow.
  He chuckled quietly. "Of course, I don't need to, but I do. It's more of a past time."
  "Are you sure that Stefan's alright with Sara?" I slurred my words in the half awake state I was in.
  "She's harmless right now. Stefan is way stronger than her. Why? Is that a hint to leave?" He smirked.
  "No. I would keep you here forever if I could." I kissed his cheek.

  The rest of my Sunday went by quickly. Damon and I went to go see Sara. She was much better, and her emotions seemed to be under control better.

  By the time Monday came around, Sara was well enough to go home, and to school. She was really well at controlling her impulses on eating people. Well, me at least.

  I had noticed that she had this... spring in her step. She seemed pretty pleased about something. I wasn't really all that sure I had wanted to know though.
  “So, have you heard from Will lately?" I asked Kenzie as soon as I saw her.
  "No." She said bluntly, and walked away. What was with her?
  Then Mickayla walked by. "What's with Kenzie?" I asked her quietly as we walked down the hall.
  "I don't really know." She said, and went to talk to her math teacher. I decided just to go ask her.
  "What is wrong?" I said, interrupting her conversation with Nicole.
She pulled me away from everyone. "You lied to me." She said, venom dripping from her every word.
  "What? I never lied to you about anything." My voice cracked in the beginning. I never lied, I just simply left out highly important details. There was a difference. I think.
  "Well, there's a slight detail you left out about your boyfriend." Did she know? How could she? But she must know.
  "What are you talking about?" I asked her. I wanted to make sure we were on the same page before I went and blurted anything out that I would regret.
  "Your boyfriend is a vampire, and you didn't tell me. I told you, but you never told me!" Oops.
  "Mackenzie, I'm so sorry. I meant to tell you, but I didn't think you would believe me. I'm so so sorry." I apologized. I did feel bad, she was a very close friend of mine, and we knew everything about each other and I betrayed her trust.
  "It's fine." I could tell in her ‘I’m still pissed’ tone that it obviously wasn’t.
  I thought about it some more. "How did you find out?"
  "Um... William might happen to know them."
  "Are you serious? That would have been nice to know." I rolled my eyes and looked up at the ceiling, thinking of how I was going to bring this up to Damon.
  "Well, you should ask Damon and Stefan about him. I wonder what they would say about him." I wondered the same thing. Although I bet it wasn’t good at all.
  "How do they know each other, I'm assuming that he told you." I was slightly weirded out. Damon and Stefan said that werewolves were rare.
  "They crossed paths a while back that were all that’s Will said. He doesn't want me to be around them. Or you." She looked away.
  "Well, I guess you should listen to him then." I looked away to. I held back my tears as best as I could.
  "No, I don't think I will. You're my best friend, and I couldn't lose you. It's not like the Salvatore brothers would try to hurt me." She hugged me. I would always have her as a friend, and I knew that.
  "Thanks babe.” I laughed and then sighed, turning remorseful again. “There's something else I should tell you." I pulled away.
  "What is it?" she put on a smile through her still hurt eyes you could tell she felt betrayed.
  "Sara's a vampire." I confessed.
  "What?" She yelled. I explained to her about Khalid, and the whole ordeal, and the fact that he was now dead. She was pleased with that. I also told her about her diet.
  "They decided that it would be better for her to eat animal blood, so she wouldn't have to go through with the killing thing. And she didn't want to drink it any way, but still."
  "Oh my God. Is everyone a vampire except us?" She was over reacting.
  "Well... Mickayla's not." I tried to lighten the mood.
  "Yeah, but still. She's with a vampire." I scoffed at her comment.
  "I wouldn't go that far. On the bright side, you're with a werewolf. Hardly anyone can say that. They're pretty rare. So see? You're special." I gave her an awkward smile.
  "Really, that's your encouraging speech? I feel so  much better now." She said sarcastically.
  "Well, I'm trying here." I crossed my arms and gave her my apologetic eyes.
  "Oh, there's Sara. She's not going to go all cannibalistic on me, is she?" She looked towards the end of the hall way.
  I giggled. "No, she's under control, and if she does, well, it takes that whole 'bite me' phrase you love to use too a whole new level." She hit me on the arm. "Ouch." I laughed as I rubbed my arm.
  "Hey, Sara." Kenz smiled at her.
  "Hi." She put her stuff up. I didn't know where she had gone, we walked in together. I didn't even notice she left.
  "How goes it?" I asked her.
  "Fine, I don't have to do P.E. ever again. My mother and a doctor wrote a note." She winked at me.
  "I know Sara." Kenzie blurted out.
  "Know what?" Sara bit her lip.
  "About what you are. Aera told me."
  "You did?" Sara glared me down.
  "I'm sorry, we were having a sharing moment." I shrugged the glare off. I told her about Will and everything.
  "Oh, well, I'll try not to hurt you. Just don't bleed in front of me. Got it?" Sara pointed her finger and squinted her eyes at Mackenzie.
  "Yeah, I'll try not to, promise." Kenzie said as she held her hands up in defeat.
  "Good." Sara shut her locker and we walked off.