Laughter

Told you all it would be soon! 10 more votes an I'll put up another!

~~~~~*~~~~~

"Thanks Stefan." I told him, as Damon ushered me out of their front door with his hand on the small of my back.

  "Yeah, sure." He said, as he shut the door behind us. I walked to Damon's car and got in. The crisp air momentarily took my breath away. The moon was high above us illuminating us, giving Damon a very glowing complexion.

  "Why did you say thank you to him?" He asked me once he got in a split second later.

  "He told me the truth when you wouldn't." I spat out. I was irritated that he had lied to me. He had already done it several times.

  "It's not that I wouldn't, just that I didn't want you to hear it from me. I thought it would be better for Stefan to tell you, now you know that he's not completely innocent either." He had a smug smile on his face.

  "I never thought he was. And, that's awful for you to do to him. You could tell that it was killing him to admit he hurt innocent people. You're very cruel Damon." I told him, feeling strange about what I said about Stefan, I felt like I was defending him, and I hardly knew him.

  "I never claimed to be a saint here." He told me, starting to get angry.

  "Well that's good, you could never pass for one any way."

  "We're here."

  "Bye." I said getting out, slamming the door. I felt very dramatic and child like doing so, but he deserved it. I walked up my porch, feeling angry with him. How could he be so mean to his brother? There must be more to the story. They clearly didn't like each other very much; I couldn't help but wonder why though.

  I was opening the screen door to my house when I was whipped around, and suddenly I was looking into angry blue eyes. Damon grabbed my face, and kissed me. I threw my arms around his neck. I could feel his hands move through my hair. I felt like there were fireworks going off. I was in a dazed state. I felt amazing. I pulled back first; my breath was quick and heavy. I bit the bottom of my lip and giggled. I felt giddy.

  "What was that for?" He asked me, smirking.

  "I don't know really." I smiled back at him. I blinked my eyes at him. He smiled an amazingly beautiful smile at me. It actually looked genuine this time. It sent a rush throughout my body. I had butterflies in the pit of my stomach and my heart was beating like a drum.

  "I'll be outside later tonight, watching to see if he comes back. You can always call if you get... lonely." He gave me a provocative smile.

  "I don't think so, but good try." I said, trying to suppress a laugh.

  "It was worth a shot. If anything bad happens when I'm gone, call me immediately. Got it?"

  "Yes sir." A coy smile played at the corner of my mouth. There were birds chirping still, it was roughly 6:30 in the evening. I found it mildly odd that most of them hadn’t flown away for the winter yet. We had several sever snow storms.

  "Here, I thought that this would help." He held up a gold heart shaped locket with an etched flower and border on it.

  "What's it for?" I said looking at it in wonder.

  "It contains a plant in it, so it keeps vampires out of your mind. They are unable to use their mind powers on you when you have it." He stepped behind me and fastened the chain around my neck.

  "Thank you." I said sincerely. I gave him a quick smile.

  "Yeah, just don't take it off under any circumstance." I felt like a child being scolded.

  "Got it. Thanks again." I gave him a warm smile as I turned to open the screen door again.

  "I better go. Remember, if you get lonely..." His voice trailed off.

  He walked to his car as I told him. "Unlikely, but thanks for the reminder." He drove off.

  What was my problem and bad endings? I need to learn to be a little less awkward Aera and a little more... well, not awkward.

  I went inside and googled vervain. It was indeed something to stop vampires for getting into your brain. I wondered why I had doubted him. I suspected it was because subconsciously I wouldn’t trust him for a little while. But this made him back on my ‘you are spared’ list of trustworthy people.

  It was a very beautiful locket. I felt a little guilty now. I had yelled at him, and then he went and gave me this necklace. I also felt stupid. Why the Hell would I yell at a vampire that could kill me at any second? I definitely had my un-smart moments.

Two weeks went by without hearing or having anything happen that had to do with Khalid.   I was sitting alone in my room waiting for my mother to come home in a half hour. Ding Dong. My doorbell went off.

I heard someone coming up the porch and stopped thinking.