The Aftermath

So... Just to clear things up, this chapter takes place right after Strangers. Sorry if there is any confusion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Comments and votes are awesome to!

~~~~*~~~~~

Aera’s POV:

  I woke up in Damon's arms. He was cradling my head as the rest of me was laid across the length of the couch.
  "Hey sunshine." He said to me, looking relieved.
  "Hey." I smiled back as I placed my hand on my head. It hurt like the devil.
  "How long was I out?" I asked looking around the room for any time change.
  "Not very long. You actually woke up for a minute, said some gibberish, and fell back asleep. So... a couple of hours I would guess." He shrugged. I laid on his lap for a moment longer before I remembered.
  "Oh shit! My mom's going to be home in like, 20 minutes." I said, sitting up in an instant.
  "Calm down, your mother called. She had a meeting." He chuckled at my reaction. Sometimes when it came to my odd mother, I freaked out more than necessary.
  "How did you manage to sound like me?" I clearly wasn’t thinking. He didn’t have to sound like me at all.
  He smiled. "I have my ways."
  "You should probably get home, your family’s probably wondering where you're at." I smiled slightly. I didn’t really want him to leave me. Especially not after that creepy Khalid guy was just here.
  "No, Stefan doesn't care." he paused for a moment. "Unless you do." A smirk grew on his face and he gave me a sideways glance. I swore I had only seen him genuinely smile twice.
  "Whatever, I don't care." I said as I was getting up. I walked to the kitchen, he was already there. I was startled and I stifled a scream.
  "You know what I am. I'm not going to make you say it out loud, but we do exist. And Khalid is one to, so keep me on speed dial, and always keep your house locked, not that it would do much good, but it can slow him down from getting to you." He was dangerously close to me. I could feel his breath on my skin.
  "Thanks, Damon." I said, pouring myself a glass of juice. "Hey, do you eat regular food?" I asked feeling very foolish.
  He chuckled, "Yes, I do."
  "Help yourself than." The situation didn’t quite hit me for a moment. And when it did, I still acted like nothing was wrong.
  I walked back over to the couch, flipping the television on. There usually wasn't anything on though.
  "Don't you have any questions?" he walked out behind me with a befuddled look on his face.
  "Umm... no, no not really." I had been obsessed with vampires a while back. I knew a lot about them. But then again, most teenagers did lately, not many knew they existed though.
  "Wow. You are completely different than other girls I've met. Trust me. I’ve met a lot of girls." He stood in front of me for a moment. I had already turned off the television.
  "That's good," I said "I like to be different." I smiled up at him, and he kissed my forehead.
  "OK, I do have a question then." I said.
  "Yeah?"
  "Does this mean we're together?" I questioned shyly.