Stories

"I suppose that you're going to tell me fairies are real to now?" I scoffed.
  "I haven't really heard of them being around still." Stefan said. I opened my mouth for a second then shut it before I finally spoke.
  "Oh, well that's good then." I heard Damon chuckle behind me. The sarcasm was dripping from my every word.
 “So what did he say to you?" Damon questioned Stefan
  "He said we would pay for what we had done." Stefan told him as
  "God, I really hate this guy." Damon proclaimed. “He’s really a pain in my ass."
  "Can't you just...stake him?" I suggested. It sounded easy enough.
  "He's a little smarter than that" Stefan told me. We were all sitting on their leather couch by the fire, leaning in.
  "And all this just because you slept with his relative?" I asked
  “Really Damon? That's what you told her?" Stefan said looking severely annoyed with his brother.
  "Excuse me for not coming up with something more creative, brother, you tell her." Damon demanded.
  "Fine." Stefan directed his attention to me. "When we were, well, this age in the 1500's, Damon and I both fell in love with a girl, who appeared to like us both. She was a vampire, made us drink her blood... she told us that she loved us both, but we didn't like that, so we went off and killed each other for her, while battling each other. We turned to vampires because we had her blood in our system, and we have a substance in our rings that keep us in the sun. Anyway, we were both angry at her, and the family, that we went and killed them all including the girl. It turns out that he was part of the family, but was away at market at the time. He's hated us ever since. And for good reason I might add." He glared at Damon. I suspected it was his idea.
  "So there you have it, the short version of our charming little story." Damon said clapping his hands together. He shot me a disturbing smile.
  "So why would he hurt me?" I asked looking from one to another. They glanced at each other for a second before Stefan spoke.
  "Because, he would try to kill anyone we remotely care for." I blushed at that. But he did say remotely, so I guess that it wasn’t that great. There was an awkward silence for a moment before anyone spoke.
  Damon stood up. “Your mother is going to be back soon, I better get you home."

~~~~~*~~~~~

So... that was really short. Sorry. Another one will be up again soon. I promise!