Chapter 3*

Something's dripping. It's coming from somewhere. I reach up to touch my face and my hand comes back drenched in blood. The floor is gasping. It's not the floor. 

"Mama?" I call out. I'm at her side in an instant. She's covered in blood. It's streaming down a wound in her neck. She opens her mouth and her eyes go blank. Her chest stops moving. "Mama, please." I hold her to my chest. 

I wake up from another nightmare and repeat my daily showering off the night. It always helps get my mind off things. Something about just being able to close your eyes and only focus on the water is very therapeutic. Then again I'm like one nightmare away from sitting on the shower floor and never getting up. 

I lay out a pink skater skirt and a solid black top. I'm only in a towel when Stiles bursts into my room. "Lia, do you wan-" Once he sees my state of undress he starts to blush.

"Hey, Stiles you ever felt like knocking?" I yell. It isn't like we're nine anymore and he can just walk in whenever. 

"S-sorry S-Scott just want to know i-if you wanted to c-carpool with us," he stutters. His heartbeat is so fast and loud that my ears pick it up without even trying. Serves him right. 

"Yeah that's fine just let me get ready," I reply, picking up my shirt. He still hasn't moved from his place. "Now get out." I throw a pillow at him. Not really the circumstances I imagined when being undressed with Stiles. 

Once I am dressed and have had my daily blood bag, I head downstairs. "Hey, Lia what's up?" Stiles awkwardly asks. He leans against the wall, loses his balance, and falls. Was he trying to look nonchalant? His face is still a faint shade of pink. 

"Don't worry Stiles I'm fully clothed," I tease. 

He gets up from the floor, brushing himself off. "Sorry about that. I usually just go into Scott's room. I didn't think about it," he explains.

"Really, it doesn't matter. Let's just get to school," I say, giving him finger guns.

We hop in the car and head to school. I'm not awake enough to maintain any type of conversation, so I plug my headphones in and start listening to Maroon 5. After about 5 songs we get to the school. 

I spot Allison and Lydia, they wave me over. "Sorry lovelies, it's time for the bird to leave the nest. See you later. Love you," I say. I give Scott a kiss on the cheek.

"Where's my kiss?" Stiles questions, flailing his arms. 

"In the very near future if you ever get over Lydia," I mumble while walking away. Stiles doesn't hear me but Scott does. I hear him gasp. I turn around and blow them a kiss.

When I get to Lydia and Allison they both have a surprised look on their faces. "Are you dating Scott?" Allison blurts out. Keeping a straight face is impossible. I start laughing really hard. 

"What's so funny? I thought you would have better taste in boys. Already kissing the riffraff on your second day," Lydia scolds.

"You two are adorable. First of all ew, I do have a better taste. Or, just different taste by your standards." My eyes move over to Stiles. I turn back. "Scott is definitely not my type. I've taken baths with 'the riffraff'. We aren't dating. He's my cousin," I answer. Both of their faces seem to relax at that. 

"Oh. That's nice," Allison replies. 

I put my arm around her shoulders. "Allison, I could practically smell the jealousy coming off of you when you thought I was with him. He told me about asking you to the party, so if I were with him that would be awkward. He really likes you." I encourage her. She smiles at me.