Chapter 10*

We're sitting in class and Stiles seems very intent on ignoring Scott. I guess he's mad that Scott wasn't the one to save his dad or something? I don't know. I think he said something about what would've happened if I weren't there.

Either way, Scott is trying and failing to get his attention. "Oh, come on, still not talking to me? Your dad is fine, Lia made sure of that. You know I feel really bad about it right?" Scott still gets no response. "Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and that I went to Derek for help?"

Stiles doesn't turn around. "If I were talking to you, I would say you were an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you." 3...2...1... Stiles whips his head around. "What did he say? He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?"

"Yeah," Scott answers. He's surprised Stiles guessed it.

"Alright, well correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone is usually me," Stiles argues.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it," Scott explains.

I glance at the board and see that it's full of notes we haven't been taking since we've started talking. "Is he gonna teach you that?" I question.

"I don't know. I don't think he does either," Scott confesses.

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asks.

"He just told me to not talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day," Scott says.

"Ah, yes, the adult man telling a teenage boy to keep quiet about a secret meetup. Sounds more like you're getting fucked than trained." I can't help but snort at my own comment.

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Funny, but completely unhelpful. When?"

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after wor,." Scott answers.

Stiles nods to himself. "Alright, that gives us till the end of the school day then."

"To do what?" I ask.

"To teach Scott ourselves," Stiles answers.

"I mean, I guess I do have a decent bit of practice with anger management. You punch two kids in the face and get stuck in years of therapy. Anyways, I'll come in halfway through because I promised I'd eat lunch with Lydia and Allison," I say.

"Do I even get a say in this?" Scott asks.

"No," Stiles replies.

Lydia and Allison are already sitting down when I get to lunch. Allison's head is in some book. "The what of the who?" Lydia asks.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. Listen, 'A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the years 1764-1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that King Louie the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it,'" Allison says.

I sit down. "Boring," Lydia interrupts.

I shush her. This could be helpful... maybe. Plus, I need to know why Allison is reading a book about werewolves.

"'Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan,'" Allison reads.

Lydia plucks at her nails. "Still boring."

"Still not the only one in the room, Lyds," I say.

Allison laughs and continues. "'Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid. While others believed it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape shift into a man eating monster.'"