Chapter 16

"Stiles, Scott didn't come home last night and I'm extremely worried. Can you come over?" I ask. "Of course, I'll be there in a few. I'm sure Scott is fine." Stiles assures. He hangs up. After 10 more minutes of nervous pacing, Stiles arrives. "I swear to God if he's not dead, I'm gonna kill him. Then he can watch us unhappily from the other side." I say. "Okay, what the hell is the other side?" Stiles questions. "Supernatural purgatory. Once you die, you roam the earth watching life pass you by. You are left in complete isolation. They dubbed it the other side. As for where humans go when they die, I have no clue." I explain. He nods. "You know you're really beautiful when you're nervous. I mean you're always beautiful, and I should really learn to shut my mouth." Stiles rambles. "I think it's cute." I say and kiss him.

Scott comes in the front door. "Where the hell have you been?" I question. "I went to Derek's last night and then I got shot by the Argents. Apparently Deaton took me to the animal clinic, and patched me up. Get this he was able to keep Peter out when he came for me. Peter threatened Allison and I need to find my phone." Scott informs us. He starts turning his room upside down looking for it. "Okay so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles asks. "I can't afford a new one. I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott says. "Well A, you're not alone. You have us. And B didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? Sounds pretty dead." Stiles states. "Have you really learned nothing these past few months. They don't just kill, they torture until they get information, and then kill." I say.

"So then just let them do what they're planning. You know? They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved." Stiles states. "Not if Peter is going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we need to find Derek first. Just help me." Scott demands. "You know you probably lost it when you were fighting." I suggest. "You remember that? When he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him killing Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles questions. "He wasn't going to kill anyone. I'm not letting him die." Scott states. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles pleads.

"My mom just got home from work." Scott says. "Is she okay? What is she doing?" Stiles questions. "Crying." I answer. "Scott you can't protect everyone." Stiles says. "I have to." Scott states. "I'll help you." I assure grabbing Scott's hand. He gives me a small smile, I return it. We devise a plan for taking shifts. I switch with Scott for Allison watch in the middle of the night. Although I don't think Peter would be stupid enough to break into a house full of werewolf hunters. Scott leaves to go watch Allison.

Stiles and I move to my room. We just lay in bed holding hands. I start to think about my life and how it has changed. I start laughing and can't stop. "Why are you laughing?" Stiles ask. "Because if I wasn't laughing I would probably be crying. When I was little I expected the only problems I would have at 16 were choosing what guy I would date. Also winning Miss Mystic Falls. Now look at me. An undead orphan, hiding from a thousand year old psychopath. Don't forget the alpha that wants to turn my cousin into a killer." I explain. "Well you've got choosing your boyfriend out of the way." Stiles says. "That is the only choice in my life I am sure of." I state. "Well I'm honored." Stiles replies.

"You know, when we were kids I thought you were a total dick." I say laughing. "And why was that?" Stiles asks. "Oh I don't know. I still have PTSD from the random tickling attacks. They were relentless." I joke. "If I remember correctly, you were really ticklish about here." Stiles says and starts tickling my sides. I squirm under his touch, but end up pinning his hands over his head. "You are so gonna get it Stilinski." I warn. "Oh I'm so scared." Stiles mocks. "You should be." I say. I lean down and kiss him. The kiss soon becomes heated. I break it and leave open mouthed kisses down his jaw and neck, stopping every once in awhile to leave my mark. "You should really take this off." I suggest tugging at his shirt. Stiles takes it off to reveal a lean torso, I seem to stare for too long, he notices. "See something you like?" He questions. "Definitely. The first name on the petition for you to never wear a shirt again will be mine." I state.