Chapter 25

Stiles and I decided to bring his dad dinner because he had to work late. "What the hell is this?" Stilinski asks, dropping the burger in disgust. "Veggie burger." Stiles answers. "Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." Stilinski states. "Told you." I mutter. Stiles glares at me for a second, then reverts his attention back to his dad.

"We're being healthy." Stiles says. Stiles holds up his salad. I have to give him props, he's not the biggest fan of salad. He's only doing this for his dad. "Oh hell. Why are you trying to ruin my life?" Stilinski questions. "I'm trying to extend your life okay? Could you just eat it please? And tell me what you found." Stiles demands changing the subject. "No. I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers." Stilinski states.

"Is that it on the board behind you?" I question. The board has pictures of all of the victims on it. "Don't look at that. Avert your eyes." Stilinski demands. Stiles then moves his head to see what his dad was hiding. "I see arrows pointing at pictures." Stiles states. "Okay stop. Fine. I found something. Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common." Stilinski says.

"All 3?" I question. "Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident, two's a coincidence-" Stilinski starts. "Three's a pattern." Stiles finishes. "The mechanic, the husband, the wife all the same age. All 24." Stilinski elaborates. "Wait a minute. What about Mr. Lahey? I mean Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24." Stiles argues.

"Which made me think that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected. Or B the ages were a coincidence, until I found this, which would be C. Did you know Lahey had an older brother named Cameron?" Stilinski asks. "Died in combat." I read. "But if he were alive today, take one guess at how old he'd be." Stilinski says. "24." Stiles answers.

We stand there staring at the board for a few minutes until something clicked. "Now what if same age means same class?" I ask. "Did you think of that?" Stiles questions his dad. "Yeah, well I would've. I mean I just got the file 2 hours ago." Stilinski defends. "2 hours? Dad, people could be dying." Stiles states.

"Well no shit babe, but we can't change anything now." I state. We start searching for the school records of each victim. "Okay this is it. Class of 2006." Stilinski says opening a file. "They all went to Beacon Hills." Stiles reads. "Including Isaac's brother." Stilinski elaborates. They are definitely one hell of a father son duo. "Alright, what if they all knew each other? I mean 2 of them were married, so maybe they all just hung out." Stiles suggests.

"Well they could've had the same classes together." I state. As Stilinski flips through the files, I see a familiar face. "Same teacher." Stilinski says. "Harris? They were all in his class?" Stiles questions. "All 4. And I don't know how Mr. Lahey fits in, but this kids, this is definitely a pattern. Give me the 2006 yearbook. These names we need faces." Stilinski instructs. "Which ones?" I ask. "Everyone in that chemistry class. If the killer's not done killing, one of them is next." Stilinski states.

We start listing everyone, until I had to leave. Scott wanted me to meet him at the animal clinic. When I get there, I see Derek, Isaac, Deaton, and Scott crowded around the table. "Why is he here?" I question. "Why does everyone have a problem with me?" Isaac asks. "Maybe it was the you trying to kill my friend or the whole propositioning me in front of my boyfriend thing." I sass.

"Essentially you're trying to catch two people. A puppet and a puppeteer. One killed the husband but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" Deaton questions. "I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died when she was pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." Scott suggests. "How do you know it's not part of the rules? The kanima kills murders. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too." I counter.