Chapter 5*

Stiles' POV:

It doesn't take long for Lia to get to my house. When I open the door, I'm faced with the brightest smile I've seen in days. Her hair is up in a ponytail, but a few stands escaped, cascading down her face. Everything about her is beautiful. She gives Lydia a run for her money, which is saying something. I could look at her all day.

"Are you just going to stare or are we gonna get down to business?" she asks. Nice going, Stilinski. She's not even here for 2 minutes and you're already creeping on her. 

"Yeah, sure." I step back and motion for her to come inside. "So, what can you do now?" I ask. 

She hesitates in the doorway, shifting from one foot to the other. "Actually, I have a better idea. Instead of just listing it off to you, I think it might be better if I just show you," she says. 

"I'll have to take your word on it," I reply. Lia holds out her hand invitation. I close the door behind me and grab her hand. She pulls me to her car.  Without a word, she gets in and turns the key in the ignition.  "Where are we going?" I question. 

She doesn't take her eyes off the rearview mirror. "You'll see when we get there. Just shut up and enjoy the view." The car pulls out of the driveway. I know she was referring to Beacon Hills at night, but the only view I want to see is her. Snap out of it Stiles you love Lydia. You have loved her for years, right? Lia has just been your friend. A friend who, granted, got extremely hot in the past year. 

I can't help but think back to this morning. How good it felt to have her in my arms. I didn't think I'd end up in her bed when I came in last night. Yet, there I was spending hours under the covers. Her skin was icy to the touch, but it didn't matter. It was the perfect balance between my body heat and the blankets. 

I may have woken up before Scott came in. I didn't have the heart to wake her up, she looked so perfect sleeping soundly.  Her hair messily covering most of her face. It felt natural to be snuggled up with her. We stayed like for a good 30 minutes before Scott so rudely interrupted.

When the car pulled over, the entire view was trees.  She'd taken me to the Beacon Hills Forrest Preserve. "Why are we in the woods at night? You're not going to murder me are you?" I joke, stepping out of the car. 

A mischievous grin makes it's way onto her face. "Not yet, Stilinski. Just wait. Once you're more annoying than entertaining I will not hesitate to drain you dry," she responds. Her eyes turn red and thick veins appear under them. That's a little freaky. They disappear as fast as they come, and she starts cackling. 

"You love me too much to kill me," I say. That was a little bold. Where did that come from? She nods. Thank God she didn't take that the wrong way.

"So, the real reason I took you here is because I wanted to show you what I could do without there being a risk of getting caught," Lia explains.

"Do your thing," I say. She grabs my hand again. In less than a second I am being whooshed across the forest at the speed of light. She turns to me with a smile on her face. "That was awesome!" She beams. I realize my hand is still in hers, I don't move it. It feels right. 

"Hmm..." With her other free hand, she drums her fingers on her thigh. "I already showed you compulsion, and there's not much else to it, other than the heightened senses. I guess I can go into people's heads, too, but I have no idea how to do that." 

"I'm sorry, what? You're not talking about reading minds or anything, right? Because I don't want to go through the rest of my life knowing you can hear everything I'm thinking," I say. 

"Why? You have something to hide?" She gets up in my face, trying to see into my soul or something. "You're fine. I don't think that's how it works anyways." She counts each ability on her hand silently mumbling to herself. "Oh, wait you'll love this! Hold on to me tight!"