Chapter 22: Doubt

"....Tsunayoshi, are you hiding something from me?"

Asked Tsuna˙ cutting, straight to his point as always. That question almost--...almost made him cringed, exposing everything on his face. Luckily, Tsuna˚ somehow managed to pull out the best poker face he had with his usual awkward smile.

"Um.. like what?" He asked back.

His parallel self narrowed his eyes. 'What?' Indeed. It's not like he understands it any better. There's no actually reason for him to accuse the older brunette like that. It was just a feeling of some kind. Something in his mind is telling him he's hiding something. The question just came out of his mouth without his realization.

Then he asked the most obvious question.

" Where did you get the information about the ring? How did you found out? Who told you?"

Tsuna˚ gulped. He was hoping somehow he wouldn't asked that. He's not a very good liar or making a convincing lies. Kyoko is a totally different story... compared to someone like Tsuna˙.

So he decided to tell the truth... but not entirely.

".... In my world... There's this person called Byakuran. He's the holder of Mare Rings... one of the Triniset. He, who holds the power of the Triniset had an ability to stay connected to his parallel self and gain various knowledge about the parallel world... Well... a lot had happened.. Even though we fought before now he's... trying to help us. The last time we swapped bodies, Byakuran came to me and explained a few things about our situation... "

"And?" Tsuna˙ asked.

"He told me about how the flames were use... to return back you're the one have to learn to use your own flames.. He didn't tell me much ... except to figure the rest out on my own.." Tsuna˚ explained.

Tsuna˙ stared into his brown orbs, he didn't seems to be lying... but somehow it feels like he's not being completely honest either. But... he also had things he couldn't tell the brunette. In term of honesty, both of them had 'something' to hide and refused to tell each other.... Tsuna˙ sighed and ruffled the back of his head.

"... Tsunayoshi...," he started. " ...Can I trust you?"

Tsuna˚ was taken back by the questions. "H-Huh?"

"... Honestly, everything that happened between us make no sense whatsoever... There's no rational explanation or logic behind this, that could help to clear up the confusion in my mind. No matter how many numbers I've tried to add up, subtract, divide, multiple ... the possibilities of future outcome to our circumstances lead up to either mathematical error or infinite. So in the end I was left with only one option that had no basis ground and couldn't provide actually beneficial results"

".. Huh..?" Tsuna˚ blinked. He spoke too fast and too confusing for him to understand that in one go. He panicked. "W-Wait, c-could you say that again?"

His parallel self sighed. "Just this once... I decided to... trust you-- As long as you follow my rules."

"Rules?"

"One, don't bother telling anyone about our 'circumstances'. I doubt anyone will believe... so don't make them think I've lose my mind.
Two, I know you're curious about me. But don't you ever...I mean seriously don't ever try to stick your nose into someone else's business.
Three, I'm telling you as a warning if you ever feel unsafe... run. Don't ask why, just run... try to keep yourself as safe as possible. Wise option is to stay in your room... all the time."