Chapter 31: Crashing light

Yamamoto stared absent mindedly through the window from his classroom. The school​ almost ended. He could see near the school gate was a blonde stranger who suddenly had came into their life.

Mikage Edelweiss.

He just arrived few minutes ago, and just waited for Tsuna since then at the school gate. Is that... a bouquet of flowers in his hand?

Now he's taking out his phone and seems to be texting someone.

Ding!

Yamamoto turned his attention to the seat next to him. Tsuna just briefly checked his phone and for a moment, just for one second, he is genuinely smiling. But then it was gone, he just simply reply something and turned back his attention on the teacher, he paying attention as a change since he's in a good mood.

He's really happy about it but didn't show it much.

Honestly, Yamamoto couldn't understand these two. People could've think they're going out or something. Seeing how they are very close. Too close in fact.

Ding-dong-Ding!

The bell rang signing the end of the day, and Tsuna get up from his desk, slung his bag over his shoulder and just headed straight to the door.

"Tsuna!" Yamamoto called out before his foot left the wooden frame.

The figure swiftly turned, eye brow raised.

"What?"

Yamamoto suddenly got flustered by the piercing gaze, telling he's in a hurry so he should speak up whatever he have to say immediately.

"Ah... um... you're hanging out with Mikage today, right? When are you coming home?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Well, I thought.... maybe we could practice today... I mean, we haven't made much progress"

Tsuna immediately​ looked away. "Ah... I'm a bit busy... We'll practice later.... See ya"

With that he left.

Gokudera had been listening of course, Tsuna didn't even bother to bid farewell. He didn't as much spare a glance at the silver head.

He couldn't help but feel a bit hurt.

Gokudera for once, feel less enthusiastic then usual. His precious boss had been so different recently and seems to care more about his new reunited childhood friend. He can help but felt like he's losing his Sky.

Yamamoto stared at Tsuna retreating figure as he left with the new student through the same window. Gokudera walked and stand by his side, seeing the same view as he did.

"Hey... Baseball freak..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't you think it's strange?" Gokudera muttered. "If Juudaime lost his memory like we thought this whole time.. how come he remembers that guy?"

Yamamoto didn't answer.

"And I've been thinking for a while. He remembers Nana-san, but not us... The way he talks or act, it's a bit, how should I put it? Just different... As if we didn't exist in his life in the first place... Or he... was a totally different person "

Yamamoto nodded, absentmindedly.

"Perhaps.."

"Huh?"

Yamamoto moved to grab his bag.

"Don't worry, He'll return back to normal soon...," He waved at the silver head with a reassuring grin on his face. "Well...See you later, Gokudera! I have to help out at the shop today"