Chapter 15

I woke up with a throbbing pain all over my head. I pry my eyes open as a dim surrounding greeted me. My eyes felt so heavy so as my body which seemed to be still asleep. Though I continued to defy the weak feeling and forcefully push myself up; only to find my right wrist tied in the headboard with a shackle. With my free hand, I propped myself up to bed and successfully sat in a more comfortable position.

I groan in pain as my right arm began to sore.

What... how... why... I cannot fully make out my mind in what's happening. My memories were a little messy and the hammering inside my help only make me feel worse. I pulled with my free hand the handcuff which is connected in the bed.

Why the hell am I handcuffed in a bed? I asked myself. I began to think deeply on the reasons why but my head can't simply think responsively. I am still lightheaded and even that, I don't know why.

I exert such pitiful force and pull miserably the metal shackles, only to make my right arm shoot yet again, another intensifying pain. I heard the door creeping open and footsteps coming for my direction. I snapped my head to my left where the sound was coming from and was relieve to see Winn, who's carrying a plate and a glass of water.

"Oh, thank God. Winn, can you explain why am I handc—" I stop midway from my sentences. My jaw unhinge as a swarm of unfaithful memories began to collide one by one inside my small mind. "Oh, god."  I whispered in pure disbelief and agitation.

I shot my vision back to Winn who's standing in front of me now. "I-It was you." I spat in horror. He put the plate and glass on top of the nightstand before he sat at the edge of my bed. I, out of fear, instinctively jump farther from him. He sighed when he saw my reaction towards his own action.

"You don't have to be scared of me Hope." he told me, with pure sincerity dripping from his voice.

"Are you crazy? How can I not be scared of someone who has been behind all the miseries of my life." I exclaimed.

"I did what I have to do."

"You almost killed my whole family." I yelled, my body is violently shaking out of anger.

Winn grabbed my chin using his right hand then squeeze it under his strong fingers. "I did all of this because I love you." His voice tremble as he control himself from hurting me.

"T-This isn't love. This is all about yourself." I stagger, trying to conceal the pain from his tightening grip in my face. A single tear which I cursed for dropping has escaped from my eye. I saw Winn's eyes flinch and when he realize that he's been putting so much force on his hand, he loosen his grip and drop his hand, looking genuinely apologetic. I drop my head and suppress the miserable sobs which almost escape from my mouth. I took a large take of breath before I speak. "I trusted you." I whispered, pain is evident in my voice.

"You trust me easily."

"That's my mistake." My voice broke as I said that.

I walk fast under the cloudy skies, avoiding a lot of people as I made my way back to my house. I kept my head low down the side walk as I carry my school bag securely on my back. I puffed a sigh as I decipher the simple message my dad has sent to me.

[Sorry, I wouldn't be able to fetch you from school, try getting a cab. Love you.]

I rolled my eyes on the printed words from my inbox, I annoyingly shove my phone back to my pocket and continued to walk down the busy street.  I didn't ride a cab because it would be useless getting one. Just my luck, that I've lost my wallet in school and by losing it, it means that I just lose my whole month's allowance. I shook my head as I remember of how stupid I was to forget where the hell I've put it.