What if?

Happy 117k reads!

Hope's POV

I barely hear any sound, except for the rummaging violent rainfall that makes my vision less useful as it was in the dark corridors of the hotel, and deafening claps of thunder on the pitch black sky. But despite of the baffling clamor that occupied half of my devastating thoughts, I heard his voice.

I turned around and shout loathed words I've hardly comprehend in my mind. What I spat didn't matter. My heart was filled with so much negativity— hatred that made me want to end all of this with a snap. But how? That's the real question to ask, isn't?

I already tried to kill him, but it seems like a bullet in his heart wasn't enough to end all of my suffering— or his craziness. I was on the verge of death for so many times too—it's just that—it's hard to know when will this crazy battle ends when none of us want to concede... when both of us always avoid death.

Perhaps that's the right answer in my question. None can survive, if both of us continue to live. In the end, we will just wake up every day out of misery.

Closing my mouth upon realizing an irrational answer, an ear-piercing sound in which was as loud as a thunder, had make both of us deadly silent. I couldn't even blink when  a jarring impact on my gut instantly seal the deal. Everything happened so fast, or should I say, my prayer was instantly granted. The piercing pain on my stomach seemed to connect its misery to the other parts of my body, as I had no longer control of them.

I was stepping back, clutching my stomach. My eyes were bloodshot and then, the next thing I knew was that I was falling.

I don't want my fall to be too dramatize, because that will just add all the cliches that have happened in my life. But if there's something I want to share to other people as I was about to meet my demise— is that life isn't a movie... like how falling on top of a 6 story building in real life, isn't really in a slow motion effect.

It was just like a blink. As I close my eyes when I was falling, the moment I open them, I was already on the ground. With broken bones, cracked head, ruptured organs and not to mention, my ghastly punctured stomach— I knew for sure that there's no way I could've survived this.

With shaky effort, a petty smile lifted up on my lips. It's done, finally. My eyes stung as tears rolled down from my eyes. This is the end. This is my end. And I was crying because it's just so hard for me to accept that after all the hardships I've been through, it will all end to this...

With me dying, without even saying a proper goodbye to anyone I cherish. I even pulled Denver into the pit of my misery, which only add another burden in my heart before dying. I wasn't even sure if he's dead or not. It's just messed up and so unfair for me to die this way, while having so many questions and undone tasks. Nobody likes a sad ending, though I favor to have Rose's death than Jack's in the Titanic movie, I still don't like how someone's story ends in a tragic way— especially if it was my story.

The torment I was feeling as I lay miserably on the ground, only worsen with each drop of the crashing rain on my flesh. 

As I gasp my last breath and slowly closed my eyes,I just want to tell to all those people who've said that a person will see a light when he/she dies— screw you; because when the last sound of the rain vanished at the back of my ears, when I exhaled every last ounce of carbon dioxide I could give to the trees, and when the very last tear rolled down from my eye... all I could see was how the darkness swallow me.

There was no light.

No, nothing.