Chapter 27

(A/N: Shits are about to happen.)

"This is the third time we've caught her lying on the bathroom floor." The redhead uttered frustratingly as he meekly put the pale girl back to her bed and then placing a blanket to her weak frame.

"That's the least of our problem now, John." A deep voice responded. John shot a glance to his twin brother whose eyes are focused in the half-spoiled food on top of a nightstand. His brother finally looks back to him, shrugging his shoulders. "Though, I can see a little improvement in here."

John stood up, rolling his eyes at his brother's statement. "You call that an improvement?" he points out the piece of bread which has a single bite, as well as the rotten dish on the plate and the glass of water that is hardly been consumed.

The dark haired guy frowns. "Maybe she doesn't like the food or perhaps she was too weak to eat it. Hey, do we still have the Epinephrine on our room?"

John shook his head. "I highly doubt all of what you've said, Jake. And I don't think she needs that drug right now." He shifts his eyes back to the girl whom is shivering and has her eyelids tightly shut. She was breathing heavily and whispering some inaudible words he cannot make out. He placed the back of his right hand to the forehead of the girl and checked her temperature. Her temperature was a little higher than usual, but it's nothing to be worried about.

"Yeah. She neither has new bruises nor cuts in her body, considering of that escape she attempted, few days ago." Jake agreed.

That night flashed back to John's mind. He remembered how Erlinda was trying to convince her grandson to test Hope. She convinced him to make a simple trap that will show the true colors of the naïve girl. Erlinda never liked her anyways; she thinks that Hope is stealing her grandson's attention. Thus she came up with a simple plan that will prove her doubts of the girl's fake actions and will certainly regain the trust of her grandson.

The twins have no choice but to participate, after all they've been loyally serving all of their lives to Erlinda, whom welcomed them when their biological parents left them to die. John neither like nor hate the idea, besides, he has no rights to complain at what his foster parent will want to do. However, as they wait inside of the car for Hope to reveal herself, he could feel his stomach twisting and he found himself silently praying that the girl wouldn't simply take the bait.

What a huge disappointment it has caused to them when the girl revealed herself. No matter how long he prays for her not to do anything reckless, he knew that it's utterly foolish to think that she will never try to escape. John understands how she longed to be free, yet he can't do anything to help her, or more of like he will never do anything against the family whom he owes his life for.

"Hey, do you have any idea what had happened right after that incident?" Jake asked, bugging John out of his deep thoughts.

Narrowing his eyes as he thought of that night again, John realized that he knows nothing in what had happened on that night to the girl afterwards. He only remembers the time when Clifford pulled Hope out from his grasp, then drag the girl back to his house while on the other hand, the girl didn't put up much of a fight. The actions of the girl confused him. She was expressionless and she easily claimed her defeat; it was very different from the girl she was when they've first brought her in this place.

They still heard the door shutting loudly until the dark sky started to shed its own tears immensely. After that, they heard nothing but the loud and violent clashing of the wind. Any other noises were concealed by the ear piercing thunders. All John could think was that the sky was perhaps crying for the unfaithful punishment the girl was about to receive.