Chapter 17

Hope's POV

Realizing that you're in love with someone was probably the most majestic thing a person could ever feel. Most don't know why or how they've fallen in love to that particular person, they just feel it. It could be the happiest thing someone could've experience except if you cannot be with the person you love; or perhaps that person you love is the sole purpose why you're life has turned upside-down and you're in the deepest and greatest havoc, your life has probably even reached.

I woke up with a throbbing pain all over my head. But I ignored it; after all, this isn't my first time feeling this kind of pain. Perhaps my shattered heart is in greater torment that any other pain would only feel like a pinch to me. I flutter my eyes wide open, I tried to shift my vision to every other direction but as soon as reality strike me, panic rushed into my veins.

I can't see.

My eyes were covered with a blindfold and my hands were bound with a rope. The same goes to my legs. I tried to kick the place I'm trapped. I wiggle my body desperately; the place where I currently am right now seems to be a small, narrow area. The vehicle I'm in is moving swiftly, every time that there's a hump or something, I can feel my whole body momentarily moving up and down then simultaneously hit the area. The dizziness inside my head gives me an exact idea where the hell I am right now. The smell of gasoline waft inside my nose and the radiating heat from the trunk of the car only provides me with more inconvenience. Big beads of sweat trickled down from my forehead. But I can't do anything to wipe it off because my hands are tied behind my back.

Amazing. I bitterly thought to myself. After being sedated, here I am, stuck inside a trunk of a car. The car hit another hump and once again, my body swing up and down and hit the metal trunk. Oh God, how fast does this thing go? I questioned myself as I only get dizzier and dizzier every second. I open my mouth to breathe in some air, trying to suppress miserably the bile that is rising in my throat. For a moment, I stopped as I realize something.

My mouth isn't covered.

I began scream for help. I know that it could be pointless, but I'm not losing my chance. Even though I'm inside the trunk of a car, that could also mean that I'm technically outside, meaning someone could hopefully hear me. I don't know where this car is heading or even who the hell is driving it but as my screams get louder, the cars seem to increase its speed.

I don't know how long I've cried for help. Depressing tears are streaming uncontrollably from my eyes. "Please. Please. Can somebody even hear me? Please, I'm begging you. Get me out of here!" I wail out of desperation. "Shit. Shit. HELP ME!" I screamed one last time. I even kick the trunk using my feet but it was rather useless.

Nobody can hear me, except for the person who's driving the car. And as if that person will do as I say. The car didn't slow down even a bit, making my vision swirl. Something is telling me that whoever is driving this car; it's not Winn. I'm quite sure of that because of speed of the car, as if it's part of a drag race.

However, that part inside of me also tells me that it could be Winn. Though it's unsure and hesitant, for I know Winn myself, he doesn't drive like this. But then, I was convince that it's Winn after a matter of seconds because it's not like I know Winn just like how I used to know him when he's still my best friend.

I don't even know if I know him from the start.

I stayed mute for the rest of the journey. The car maintains its fast momentum, not even stopping for gas. Even after being sedated and being asleep for a day, my body felt incredibly weak. And after all the unfaithful events that happened in my life, my body is still aching for a long, relaxing shower. As my body felt exhaustion: mentally and physically, the car began to move uphill.