Ace

*Photo of Alex, he's so cute*

Ace

He appear even more delicate while sleeping, almost like a fallen angel.

Ring Ring Ring.

"Aiden! where are you, i'm scared" , Alex whisper on the phone.

Alex is Aiden 4 year old brother.

"Aiden is sleeping its Ace, whats wrong."

"Mom left and i'm hungry..i'm scared the monster going to get me", Alex voice was becoming unclear, he was about to cry.

"Shush baby don't cry okay, were almost there, don't open the door for anyone.", I was trying not to panic.

"Okay, hurry before the boggy monster gets me", he was crying now.

"Who's on the phone", Aiden ask, half asleep. His voice was always soft when he first wokes up.

I didn't desire to tell him. He looked so tranquil and unbothered.

Fuck.

"It's Alex."

"Alex, wh...why is he calling", all trace of sleep erase from his eyes.

"your mother left him alone again, I don't think she feed him either, he kept saying he was hungry", I whisper.

"Give me the phone."

I gave him the phone.

"Hello Alex, baby it's me Aiden okay, I'm almost there. Make sure you don't open the door for anyone"

Aiden and Alex are the only two people I care about, more than life its self. They make me happy. A feeling I though I would never feel again. I have change so much from freshman year when Aiden decided to save me, to now. The school year is almost over and I feel like I'm almost complete put back together, and its all thanks to Aiden.

Before I could park the car Aiden was out the door and half way towards the house. I quickly park and race after him.

The sight in front of me broke my heart Aiden was on the floor holding his little brother tightly in his small arms, trying to calm him down. The tears were descending from his eyes like a over flowing sink.

"Hey buddy, you want me to tell you a cool story while Aiden makes your favorite. Mac and cheese with steak, how does that sound", I tickle him for added affect.

" okay ", he sniffed no longer crying. His tiny arms reach over to me so I can pick him up. He was so light in my arms, just like his older brother.

" thank you", Aiden mouth to me. I smiled down at him kissing his forehead.

With Alex safely tuck in my arms we walked to the kitchen and sit at the island.

Aiden got to work, making the best Mac and cheese I taste in a long time.

After dinner I help bathe and tuck Alex to bed, not before reading him a bedtime story. I was extremely exhaust, the day just seen to be dragging on. All I wanted to do was grab Aiden and slip under his covers, hoping sleep will take us away.

"I'm so tired."

"Let's go to bed."

"Okay."

I watch Aiden change into my shirt and and one of his boxer. I sat on the edge of his bed dress only in a pair of boxers. He look breath taking with my shirt on.

Aiden was the light that shines in the dark. In the darkness that surrounded me.

"Come here." His short legs quickly move towards me.

I faintly smile at him, pulling him closer by his tiny waist. His small body stood in-between my leg.

"Are you okay", I whisper rubbing my colossal hands against his soft cheeks.

" yeah...she's not coming back", I can feel the wetness from his tears dropping on my thumb.

"Shush, it's going to be okay", I wrapped my arms all the way around his waist. His short arms wrap around my neck. His head found home in the crock of my neck as he cry his little heart out.

I never wanted to see him like this. Especially when I know there's nothing I can do about it. For fuck sake he was only 15, how could he take care of a kid, when he was still one. I could only imagine the thought running through his head at this very moment.

" what am I going to do", his voice broke at the end. "How am I going to be able to afford this house, I can't do this Ace."

I was silent.

"Oh my god!, oh my god!",he chocked out.

I can't take this he was breaking my heart. I didn't feel the tears fall from my eyes until his skinny finger gently whip it away.

" Ace don't cry please",

fuck.

"Are you sure she's not coming back."

"All her stuff is gone...everything." He was back to crying again.

I gently pick him up and his legs automatically wrap around my waist. I walk over to the bed lying down with his body on top of mines.

The smoothing sound of his heart beating relax my mind.

"I love you" I whisper to a sleeping Aiden before darkness capture me and sleep took over.

*Tell me what you guys think. Was this chapter good or not.*