epilogue final chapter

Ace

I cant breathe.

My lungs are giving up on me, as I struggle to collect myself.

Each breathe I took was more painful than the last.

I have to be dreaming.

Maybe if I close my eyes I'll wake up and Aiden would be sleeping next to me, his head of curls laying on chest. His small body draped on top of me like my own personal blanket.

I close my eyes tightly visioning just that. It all most felt real, I almost believe I was there, until I open my eyes and all I could see was blood

There was so much blood.

everything was moving in slow motion. It felt like an, out of body experience, like I was a outsider looking in, like my soul came out my body. It didn't feel real, are maybe it did.

"Sir...sir, we need to know what happen", too many voices were ringing in my ear.

"I..I..I don't know", I stutter out staring at a lifeless Aiden.

"He's in shock, we have to Hurry up and get them to the hospital, or else the boy not going to make it", a female voice spoke shaken me out of my state of shock.

"Aiden, baby please you can't do this to me, you can't do this to us", I cried clutching his small hands in mine.

"Sir were going to need you to ride with your son and the police, he was crying for you", the women spoke again.

"Alex", how could I forget about him. I Hurry to the police car where Alex stood. Once he seen me, his little legs run towards me jumping into my arms.

"Its going to be okay baby, everything is going to be okay", I whisper in his ears rubbing his back.

I couldn't help but remember two shots when out today, Alex watch the suicide of his mother, and shooting  of his brother.

–––––––––––––––––––––
~10 years later~

Alex

"Dad!, hurry up I'm going to be late", I yelled grabbing a poptart and a bottle of water.

"I'm coming, Jesus", he yelled back.

Of course today of all day were going to be late. Its my first day of high school I don't want to ruined my perfect attendance by being late. Daddy always tell him to to set his alarm clock a hour early, than he usually do, but he never listen.

"Babe where's my keys", my dad yelled to my other dad. My other dad happens to also be my brother. People may think its weird that I called him daddy when he's not my daddy, but in all the ways that count, he's my father and I love him like one.

"It's in your pants pocket from last night", daddy yelled from the living room.

"Which one, can you come and show me", dad yelled one more time.

"No babe, I'm trying to finish keshaun hair, you know, our Daughter! She's  already late for school, and I don't think I can get up with this big belly", my daddy whine pouting at the air.

It was silent after that

It was silent after that. Dad knew not to argue with a pregnant man.

As messy as my family is I wouldn't trade them for the world. We've been through hell and back together together. From the death of my mother to my brother almost dying, the dramatic birth of my sister. All the struggle we face made us stronger, closer, and more united.

"Okay found it", my dad yelled walking down the steps.

"Took you long enough", I mumble smiling at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Aiden why isn't your shoes on?, my dad question walking towards him.

"I can't reach my freaking feet Ace, and its your fault", he whine crossing his arms.

Keshaun giggled laying her three braids head on daddy's lap.

"You wasn't complying tho wh-", daddy give dad a look that made him shut up.

I watch as dad helped daddy into his shoes nothing but love shine in his steel eyes, whenever he looked up at daddy.

I wanted that kind of love.

"Alright kids time to go", daddy said standing up with the help of dad.

"Finally", me and keshaun yelled running out the door.

I can't believe I'm in highschool now hopefully I'll find my Ace like daddy did.

Do I smell a sequel. Maybe maybe not.

Guys Ace is finish. I'm so happy I finally completed a book. Took me over a year but I did it, we did it.

What do you guys think?.

Who was your favorite character?

Who did you hate?