Aiden

Aiden

I lay awake listening to the smoothing sound of his heart beat. It play a melody only I knew. The heavy way his chest rise and fall was branded inside my mind. One of his arm laid lazy around my waist are body connect as one. I gently lift my head up from his naked chest signing to myself as I remember the memory from last night. My mother is really gone. It wasn't like she was going to win the best mother award or anything, but at least she was present enough to pay the bills and buy food. I wanted to break down and cry again but I know I have to be strong for Alex.

"Morning sleepy head", Ace deep voice travel through the small space call my room.

"Morning", I whisper back a small smile gracing my lips. His eyes were too intense as they stare into my soul.

"We should probably get up and get Alex ready for the day", I hesitated, breaking eye contact.

"Yeah...probably."

............................................................................................................................

"Alex you're getting the floor wet", I yell trying to get him to stop. He only stare at me before giggling. Cheeky little thing.

"Alex if you don't stop splashing water i'm going to tickle you", Ace announce.

"No tickle Acy, no tickle."

"Only if you stop", Ace says wiggle his finger in Alex face.

"Okay, I pinky promise." Alex intertwined his little pinky with Ace.

Alex turn his head to me, "and that's how you get him to stop." Before he could finish his sentence Alex splash him with water. I laugh so hard my stomach was starting to hurt.

"Good job Ace", I sarcastically cough out, laughing at Ace

"Haha real funny." I high five a giggling Alex removing him from the tub. I wrap a big towel around him so he could dry himself. Alex was such a good kid. Ace help pick out Alex clothes for the day and he dress himself.

"All done" Alex says smiling.

"Good job buddy", Ace praise him.

I watch the two talk about whatever they were talking about admiring how good Ace is with kids. He was so gentle with Alex smiling and laughing whenever Alex told a joke. He give him his full attention, listening to every detail of the intense story Alex was telling him.

"..And than I made the last shot and I won, I told him I was going to bet him but he never listen", his little hands were falling everywhere as he spoke.

"Wow that's amazing keep up the good work one day you'll become a pro basketball player"

"I want to be a pro, Ace how do I become a pro!", Alex yell, his face a inch away from Ace. He was excited.

"Alex give him space to breathe", I said pulling him back a bit.

"You become a pro if you practice everyday and eat your vegetable and listen to your big brother, okay."

"Okay Acy." This is too cute.

After feeding my two favorite boys and freshening up Ace came to the conclusion that we should take Alex to the park.

The sun was out and the intense warmth from the sun was brighting up my mood. The park wasn't far from where I live so we decide to use our feet and walk. I hold on to one side of Alex little fingers and Ace the other. This felt nice. Upon reaching the park Alex didn't hesitate to let go of our hands and race to the slide, where the other kids played.

"So how are you feeling", Ace ask once Alex was out of sight.

I sat on the bench beside Ace silently watching Alex.

"I don't know...I guess i'm just confused, I feel so abandoned. I'm not even sad that she left me, it's the fact that she left Alex. he doesn't understand why she's not here. He's just a kid Ace. what am I supposed to say when he ask where's mom", the tears were now freely falling from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, you don't deserve this, neither does Alex."

"What am I going to do, how can I afford to take care of a kid and pay bills and buy food, I not ready for this, but I have no choice. I have to man up and take responsibility for someone else actions, I love my little brother so much and I don't want to disappoint him, but i'm so scared and I feel like i can't breath, my lungs are closing up on me and my chest is tightening. I'm starting to feel really antsy and my heart rate is pass normal", Fucking tears keep falling from my eyes. I'm trying to catch my breath but nothing is happening.

"Hey, breathe okay...just breathe", his voice is so smoothing and I capture by it, I have no choice but to listen and try to catch my breath. His rough thumb gently wipes some falling tears from my eyes. "I have a plan okay, you're going to live with me. School almost over we only got like a week left, so you don't have to worry about that. We can live with my dad for the summer than I'm planning on getting an apartment for us, you me and Alex."

I was so speechless If only he knew how much I love him, I love him in a way, that's wrong to love your best friend. But I can't help it. He gives me butterflies in my stomach, he makes me happy. And now this.

"What do you say Aiden, my dad loves you so that won't be a problem, and you don't have to worry about my stepmother just stay away from the witch okay, I mean it aid.." I threw my arms around his neck interrupting his little speech. I'm so grateful for him.

"Ace you don't understand how much of a relief this is for me, and i'm going to start looking for a job today to help pay bills when you get your apartment..

"Our apartment", Ace interrupted me "And you don't have to pay for anything my dad going to cover it while I attend college, all you have to do is cook me dinner every night."

"Deal", The smile on my lips was an expression of how happy I am.

"Than its settle your moving in."

"Where are you moving Aiden", we both snap our neck to find a curious alex standing in front of us.

"Umm..."

"Alex, you and ace are going to have a sleepover at my house for a bit okay", Alex nod his head still looking confuse. "How about we get some ice cream so we can go him and you can pack your favorite toy how does that sound", a bright smell made way to Alex lips no doubt from the promise of ice cream. Things were starting to look up for us.

Ace pick Alex up swinging him a bit before settling him on his hips. I watch for a bit until Ace pull on my hand intertwining our finger leading us to the nearest ice cream shop. It felt like we where a family, that thought made me really happy.

I love this man so much. 

Tell me what you guys think. I kind of didn't like this chapter when I first started writing it but now I do. so I hope you guys enjoyed it too. 

don't forget to vote and comment.