Fight

Ella's pov:

It is been a week now; whole week of total silence. After the night, Xander totally stepped back. He didn't talk to me unless it is needed; he didn't make fun of me or ask about my whereabouts. He still lives with me in the garden house and I still cook for him but our only acknowledgement is "good morning". And saying that I hate such a state of living will be an understatement.

His visits to Linda's place became more frequent and her coming here also became a habit. Their relationship was strengthening in front of my face. Even, Linda was always giving me a winning smile...as if I ever was a part of the competition over Xander's heart! Yet, she didn't know that even if I try to compete Xander will only mock me saying that it is useless since I am not his type. I will always be an unrequited love and an unwanted wife.

Caden and I, on the other hand, became best friends. Jenna became like a daughter to me and I love her with all my heart. Caden showed me what it means to have a positive prospective on life. He taught me that when a door closes another opens. He told me stories about how he moved on after his long term girlfriend ran away leaving him with a baby. He told me how he struggled but at the end learned to forgive that runaway lover of his. He revealed that he was a past player but it was just a façade because when he met his daughter his icy heart melted and He promised to guard her for life. Caden also tried to assure me that Xander is a great person but just a little blind and not seeing what's in front of him. But why would he?

What are my feelings about my husband who is committed to another woman? This is the most disturbing topic ever. I tried answering such a question with total denial but Maya and Caden saw through me. I am not going to exaggerate and say that I love him. But I kind of became possessive of him and through watching him I learned to like him: when I saw how he acts with Linda; so delicately, so passionate and loving, I found my heart yearning for his attention. When I saw him holding Jenna when she spent the night here, my heart skipped a beat. When he was carefree with his friends, I just wanted to be around him. But that will only be a fantasy of mine and I will never show him such weakness.

"We are visiting my parents tonight" Xander said as he walked to the kitchen while I was preparing his breakfast.

I missed his voice. I missed his playful side. My eyes connected with his for the first time in a week and that is when my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know if I should gaze away or just hold this shared acknowledgement for a little longer. Xander didn't divert his eyes from mine and those green orbs of his were filled with this unread emotion. I loved mysteries and those eyes were one. They hypnotized me and lured me to them. I didn't know for how much time we stood there but we didn't break our gaze till my phone rang.

"Good morning, Caden. Good morning Ena. No there is no need, my car is fixed. I will drive alone today but thank you. See you there princess." I smiled as I ended the call and saw that the figure of my husband has stiffened; he stopped leaning at the door, he was standing straight. His hands were crossed on his chest and his breathing was a little heavier.

"Your car was broken?" Xander asked sounding a bit angry.

"Yeah, for the last three days" I replied nodding

"You could have said something. I would have given you a car of mine instead of taking cabs and all" Xander blamed as he walked and stopped right next me next to the cooker.

I missed being around him. His perfume reached my nose and all my senses welcomed such familiar scent. He stood really close to me and our hands brushed every time I cut some fruits on the counter. I looked at him to see if he is angered by such slight touches but I only saw him leaning a bit and studying me. His figure was a bit taller than me and I felt safe with his nearness. His eyes were fixed on every little move of mine but this made me surprisingly comfortable.

"Thank you but you were always busy and you weren't actually on talking bases with me back then." I explained in a hush afraid that that will target his anger somehow

"Never the less, next time ask. If something happens to you our parents will kill me" Xander said in a higher tone as if ordering or emphasizing while he shifted a step away and I missed his warmth immediately.

"Don't worry Xander, Caden drove me each day." I said reassuringly but for a moment there I saw Xander's feature darken. His hand ran through his curly hair as if soothing his nerves and his eyes closed shut.

"How can you talk to him and not to your husband?" Xander asked without opening his eyes. His words rang in my ears "Your husband" does he really consider us attached by any means? Does he really have the right to question my actions when he sucking Linda's face each day? When he is doing things with her?

"He became one of my best friends" I explained shortly not showing the anger that rose in my chest.

"Best friends, my ass! You are probably fucking him and hoping to produce another mini Caden" Xander said with all the venom and spite that he can master. I felt angry out ragged, I wanted to kill this stupid man who stood next to me but I didn't have the energy to fight this early in the morning.

"Even if I do so, you have no right to yell at me. I didn't yell at you while you are making love to Linda on my bed" I said as calmly as possible

"You have no right whatsoever to do so. I have been in love with Linda for ages. We were on a relationship and do you know who caused the biggest fight between us? You did; you and this stupid marriage. I wish that I never met you Ella! Disappear already! Can't you see that you are just a burden? Maybe if you didn't come into my life I would have married Linda and she would have been pregnant with my own child. But no god had to give me a whore of a wife." Xander ragged and yelled while capturing me in his hands and shaking me roughly. This deadly grip of his will leave a mark for sure. But I will never show weakness in front of him.

To say that I felt unwanted would be an understatement. I felt like a curse and a burden. I studied the now heavily breathing figure of my hus..No the figure of Xander and I saw hate and regret in his eyes. I couldn't help the hot tears that rolled from my eyes as he let go of me. This the very first time I cry in front of him but it didn't matter. It will be the last. Xander's hands sat me loose and tried to reach for my face but I moved away refusing his touch.

"Ella..." Xander breathed out

"Your breakfast is ready. When should I be ready tonight?" I said mechanically as stood strong and I wiped my tears away.

"Seven" was all I heard as I walked out of the kitchen.

I felt my heart turn into dust. It stopped beating but I won't oblige to it. I always was a fighter and always will be. I am way stronger than breaking down; I won't lock myself in a room agin and cry out the pain. I used to do that in high school because I was bullied because of my size but that all ended when I opened my kindergarten; then I promised myself to be a proud soul and to teach the kids to how to love each other and stand up for themselves. My heart cried but I won't give in to this traitor. Being Mrs. King was always a fake status of mine. I never was in a relation with Xander so why should I breakdown? I will go back to hating him! No matter what happens, I will build my walls again and learn to hate him...I will let him be with Linda.

I will give him all the space he needs I decided as I walked outside of the house to go to my nursery school .

PlZ VoTe & CoMmEnT

thanks for reading hope that you like it 

question : should Ella move away?