Drunk,uptight & Possessive

Hey guys ^^ "Forcefully Arranged" just completed 1K views thank you soooooo much for everything   and I hope that you like this new chapter 

Ella's Pov :

Xander stayed with us in the garden house for an hour. He just sat there on the sofa without making a sound. His face was buried between his palms. His shoulders looked tensed. And his breaths were sharp. He seemed troubled and angry. I wanted to reach for him and comfort him but I myself needed comfort. I knew that since we became friends he started to really care about me and I returned the same care. But after last night's incident, I had an urge to distance myself from him. I was nearly raped because of his own mistake. What did I ever do to deserve such a fate?

After an hour, Xander suddenly stood. His eyes met mine and I saw through his green orbs. He might have stayed silent but they were yelling. They were anxious, stressed and mostly apologetic. When I didn't utter a word or question him, his gaze turned downward. He looked so crushed and defeated as he exited the door. I wanted to run after him and comfort him but couldn't say that it is not his fault? Or it is okay? Because it was his fault and it is definitely not okay.

I decided to take a nap. Last night, I couldn't sleep at all. Whenever I tried to shut my eyes I saw the same hungry eyes of Fred. Whenever I attempted to relax I remembered the venom, hate and evilness that his soul holds. I went through different nightmares last night and one of them kept on replaying even if I am awake. In it, Fred was abducting me and threatening me with murder. I was yelling on top of lungs for Xander to help me but he was just watching me while he hugged Linda...I know that this was just a bad dream but it pained my heart and released my concealed heavy tears.

Caden stayed beside me the whole time and I couldn't be more thankful to him. He comforted me through my nightmares and assured my safety though the day. He became like my own guardian angel. But I couldn't be selfish and keep him around all day. When I decided to take a nap, I sent him to see Jenna. He has to take of his little girl after all. And instead of helping him with Jenna, I only added a new burden to him. I am troubling him more but he says that friends need to help each other and he is happy to help.

Sleep was finally overcoming me, but the sound of steps and grumbles awakened me completely. Did Caden comeback already? But he said he will be here after dinner. Is it an intruder? Is it Fred? Is he still seeking revenge? Are my nightmares coming true?

My heart pounded fast and my breaths hitched. I can clearly hear each heartbeat of mine. My tears now fell uncontrollably as I tried to muffle my sobs. My body shivered as I heard the faint sound of a man cursing. What should I do?

"Ella...." The loud yell interrupted my nearing panic-attack

The sound now was clearer. Hearing that needy call, I felt my body relax and my heartbeats ease. The sound was husky, troubled and demanding. My body complied with his call and my legs directly walked to the door. What is wrong with him? And what does he want?

Opening the door, I found the figure of Xander standing next to the sofa. He was leaning on it as if for support. He looked weak. When I went closer to him, I was shocked. First the smell of alcohol was strong and obvious as day light. Second his lower lip was deeply cut and bleeding. His left cheek was also bruised and turning dark blue. My heart ached in front of such scene and I didn't know how to act.

"Xander! Let me help you" I said feeling myself freaking out. I walked to him and he feebly placed his hand on my shoulders. I felt all his weight leaning on me but I was not going to complain. Xander was hurt and I needed to help him.