Promise of a kiss

this chapter wasn't edited but i couldn't wait to publish it XD 

it is short and all and i will edit it soon promise ^______^

Ella's pov:

I am happy.

The date ended just now and Asher was walking me to my threshold. He took me to the gallery that he talked about then we went to dinner and finally ice cream. I felt like a teenager; a teenager who got a chance to go out with her high school heartthrob. If anyone told me before that I will be going out with him I would have laughed at them and called them insane. But I guess that this date was officially the best date I ever had. I still wish that Xander was the one taking me on a date. I still wish that Xander was the one to dance with me after dinner and the one to now stand in front of me in front of my door. But to be honest, Asher was a total gentleman; he made me laugh for hours and told me insane stories about him in university and we somehow found common interests and brought the different worlds of nerds and jocks together.

"So ?" Asher questioned and I felt him stressing just a bit. He was letting go of his cool façade finally.

"So?" I teased repeating but also had nothing in mind to say.

"I had fun tonight." Asher said while smiling down at me and catching my gaze.

"Me too." I replied honestly

"So what about second date, nerd" Asher teased but I saw the eagerness and hope shine in his eyes.

"I need to check my schedule first jock" I teased and saw his features drop then form into a smirk

"Come on, nerd. You that I am the best there is." Asher playfully argued

"How humble." I sarcastically said.

To this Asher didn't reply but took a step forward and closed all space that was between us. I was freaking out and frozen to my place. I didn't know what to do but I knew that I was not ready for a kiss. I wasn't not after my first stolen kiss. Not after all the wishes for my second kiss to be with Xander. How can I be in the presence of another man yet all I can think about is Xander! I shook my head a little as if clearing my mind and heard a little chuckle from Asher.

"Hey why are laughing at me?" I asked while trying to pull an annoyed look

"Because you are still as innocent; you still blush whenever some attention is directed to you." Asher explained with a smile

"You noticed? But I hate blushing!" I mumbled

"It is cute and adorable." Asher replied and I felt him capturing a lock of my hair and placing it behind my ear. I could not help but look down and try to hide my fiercely blushing cheeks.

"Okay about the second date, but can it be a double date with some of my friends?" I mumbled slowly and felt Asher's thumb rest under my chin and push my head up.

"As long as you agree you can plan whatever you want." Asher replied and then leaned down and kissed me near my lips.

To say that I was blushing before would be an understatement. I felt my face burning and I couldn't breathe normally. Yet one thing didn't happen, one thing was different from Xander's kiss my heart didn't skip a beat. But I will learn to forget about him.

"Next time it will be fully on your lips." Asher announced and I diverted my eyes from him as shyness consumed me. To this action Asher laughed, hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Good night." I said wanting to retreat to my peaceful home

"Good night" Asher replied as he walked away.

I genuinely feel happy.

Walking inside the house, I decided just to call it a day and sleep. Yet all my plans disappeared as I saw the sleeping figure of Xander on the couch. Why is here? For how long did he wait? How can he be sleeping yet look so tensed and troubled? I walked to him slowly and tried to wake him up.

"Xander wake up!" I tried for the billionth time.

"What time is it?" Xander said as he shot and sat in a standing position

"midnight." I informed him

"Where have you been?" Xander questioned while running his hand in his messy short curls and frustration ran through me because I know that he was going to throw a tantrum at me.

"On a date." I replied backing away from him.

"What did you do till midnight?" he continued to question with the same anger.

"I had fun and I didn't approve to play twenty questions so let me be." I answered as I entered the kitchen to get some water.

"Ella, I have every damn right to know you whereabouts." Xander yelled as he followed me

"Does Linda know your whereabouts now? Because I doubt that she will approve of you being here." I questioned daringly

"Don't you dare change the subject" Xander shouted again

"Xander go to your mansion and whenever you are ready for a double date, know that we are." I informed and I swear to god that all of Xander's features darkened. He looked as angry as ever and I shivered in fear.

"Did he kiss you?" Xander asked strictly

"None of your business." I wanted to sound tough but my hesitation was wide and clear.

"Ella if you want me to leave answer the damn question." Xander replied and all I saw was a firing rage.

"On the side of my lips and promised me a full kiss on our second date." I honestly replied and with that Xander punched the kitchen door loudly and walked out of the garden house slamming the door again with a loud thud.

Hope that you enjoyed reading this chapter

Vote & comment to get the next

& thanks for your support