Grand kids & leaving...

Xander's pov:

To say that my day was cursed is an understatement. I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't function at all. I am supposed to be a successful businessman and a millionaire but I felt like a mere lousy failure. My heart ached for some reason and I felt guilt consume my soul. I made girls cry before and never blinked but Ella's tears made my day, mood and temper crumble down as they fell.

Even if my heart does not beat for her, it still ached at causing her pain. Even if I don't love her, I can clearly affirm now that I care for her. I don't like her tears. They were like sharp little knives that attacked my heart.

Yet, I wasn't the only one to blame for my tantrum. I wasn't the only one to blame for my words. Ella clearly evoked me. She acts as if I do not exist and I never was treated like so. Once I offered her my help to organize the house, yet she refused claiming that she can handle it alone. She does not accept my small gestures but she accepts Caden's help with pleasure.

I didn't like the idea of being cheated on. I felt as if, I was worthless and invisible. You may say that she has every right to fuck that traitor best friend of mine but I beg to argue. We are not even that way and we will never be because I am by nature a player or as she said a manwhore but Ella was innocent and pure. It made my blood boil to know that now I cannot look at her for more than a second without picturing Caden's hands all over her naked body, him kissing her and calming her as his.

I heard yells behind me and remembered that I stopped in a red light. People behind me were outraged. I even heard some swearing but I didn't care. I didn't give a shit about them. All I wanted to do was to drive back home and see Ella; see her and make sure that Caden is not beside her and nowhere to be seen.

We were having a family dinner tonight at my house. My parents invited us and Ella's parents. We didn't see them since the wedding. And being angered with our parents caused me and Ella to ignore their questions about our marriage. If they asked how is our marriage we will both answer fine and not tell them that I am cheating or that I being an ass to Ella.

I parked the car in front of my mansion and walked to the garden house. Seeing that the lights were on gave a faint reassurance; Ella was home and safe. I knocked faintly and when the door was open I saw her.

I immediately wanted to hug her and apologize for my rubbish earlier behavior. But I stopped when I saw what she was wearing; she dressed in a night navy blue Lace dress but the problem wasn't there. The neck of the dress was. It is low, lower than the usual; it left her neck exposed and dangerously stopped at her chest and I didn't like that at all...To add to my agony, when she turned away from the door, I saw the back of her dress or to be exact the missing back of her dress. Her back was fully exposed; her smooth skin was uncovered and offered to any passerby to see. I wanted to yell at her to order her to change, to keep her inside the house where no one could see her...but I guess that I had no right to do so.

When I was about to suggest the idea of wearing a jacket, Ella picked her silver handbag, nodded and walked out. I rushed after her, not knowing why but I was seeing red at the moment. I stepped right beside her and walked at her pace. She looked at me surprised then just looked down without uttering a word. I missed her clever comebacks, the fire in her, and her yells. The silence that circled us consumed my soul and nearly left me insane.

"Ella...I am sorry" I said as I was driving us towards my parents' house. I really meant that but I know that Ella didn't believe me even for a minute. She just nodded her head and continued to look outside. She didn't look at me straight in the eyes since this morning and I was hungry for those dark eyes of hers.