Parents & Mission

Xander's pov:

Peace; that how I felt. Since she joined me and laid in the bed next to me, all I did was smile. I felt the same comfort erupts in my veins and ease spread all over my body. I felt contented as I saw her for the first time relaxing under my touch. Her eyes were shut. Her cheeks were red and kept on getting deeper as my hold tightened on her and I couldn't but chuckle. We stayed silent for an hour as if appreciating the moment of our confessed love. We didn't move. We didn't budge. We just sat there silently looking at each other as if memorizing every detail about each other. I at least captured every detail that I might have missed before; the faint little freckle under the corner of her eyes, her long eyelashes, the blush that crept in her neck and her usual faint rosy smell.

After being transported to my room, we were met by four confused yet happy faces; our parents. They all studied Ella then me and repeated the action again and again. I saw Ella shifting her weight from foot to foot nervously and a need to protect her overwhelmed me. My hand reached for hers and no matter how much it pained me I captured her hand and tightened my grip around reassuringly. I saw her smile at such a small action and that is when I felt like a hero.

"When were you planning to tell us?" my dad questioned and I saw disappointment in his eyes

"Tell you what?" I answered struck

"We know everything Xander. Now Ella come we are going home." Ella's dad continued blaming while anger was clear in his features.

What was going on and why are they taking her away? Did they discover how I treated her? Did they discover that she was nearly raped? That she nearly lost her life? But who will tell them? And are they going to break us? Are they going to steal her from me after I just confessed?

"I don't want to go" Ella replied immediately and I felt happy as I heard her decline; she wants to stay with me.

"You are getting a divorce." Her father intervened and I felt all my powers being sucked out of my body. They cannot do this; I love her and she loves me. The moment we confessed cannot be the same moment of our break up.

"No" Ella and I answered strictly and I saw tears falling down her face. I wished to be able to get up and hug her but my body was still weak from the surgery. All I can do was to pull her to me once again.

"Let her go Xander. You already did great damage to her. We talked to Linda; we questioned her why was she in your car and she said that you were on a date with her. Not only that but you made Ella gone on a double date with you for the sake of Linda. How sick is that? How can you push your wife to cheat on you? Xander you are my son and I love you with all my heart but I consider Ella as the daughter I never had. The daughter that I won't risk losing for your stupidity. Let her go Xander. You already did enough." My mum yelled at me while tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I forgave him." Ella murmured back as if begging to let us be.

"You shouldn't." My dad and Mr. Knight said

"Come let's go Ella." Ella's mom finally spoke as she neared her crying daughter and tried to untangle her from my grip.

"I love her." I confessed in front of our parents as I allowed my tears to fall publicly for the first time since forever

"Getting accustomed to someone and Possessiveness are not love. Ella go with your mum my son will do nothing but damage to you." My mum ordered.

"Am I that bad?" my question echoed in the room

"You are not but why risk her health and love when we know you won't return them?" Mrs. Knight yelled at me for the very first time.

I felt as if in a court room and I am being punished for a crime. But can they take someone's heart as a judgment? Can they forbid love as a verdict? Can they separate us forever?

"I love her and care for her a lot." I honestly replied fearing the loss of Ella.

"How can we trust such words? How can we do that when you disappointed us the first time? Why should I give you my daughter again when you caused her anorexia? When you pushed her to date? When she was nearly raped by another guy? Why?" Mr. Knight questioned and all I saw was venom. All his past respect for me was over. All his appreciation for me was erased. Nothing but spite and regret filled his eyes.

"How did you know?" I questioned again and then the answer hit me "Linda"

"Linda" my parents replied with pain and shame

"you should be happy because I am not beating you down. I always thought of you as a son and I saw in you the perfect hero for my stubborn daughter. I hoped for you to protect her but I guess I was wrong because she was needing protection from you." Mr. Knight continued and I was wordless

"Come on Ella" her mom pleaded again and all I saw was the frightened figure of Ella crying. I was feeling the same way I was scared; scared of losing her forever. But I knew what I had to do.

"Ella look at me." I ordered setting her free out of my grip

"Xander" Ella wooed in sadness

"Go with them but I promise you that I will fight for you. I will try my best to prove my love for you. I will convince them and win their lost trust. Go Ella. I will be okay. I promise." I vowed to her

"But you are hurt. Just for tonight please." She pleaded her parents and to surprise us they just nodded and left us.

"If you truly love her then try to win her parents' trust again" my dad advised

"You should win her trust too." my mom informed and I couldn't but agree. I need to set things right.

Hope that you enjoyed reading this chapter

Vote & comment to get the next

& thanks for your support