Double date, Realization & Darkness

Asher is :  Jason Caselton

Xander's pov:

I should be happy for Ella. I should be thrilled because Linda seems happier since she knew that Ella is dating someone and that she is actually willing to join us for a double date. However, the feelings that were consuming me were not joyful. I couldn't focus on any of my daily routine; I couldn't work, I couldn't go to the gym and most of all I couldn't make love to Linda.

The idea of being with Linda and making love to her used to ignite my desires and passions but now I found myself hating her touch and loathing her kisses. Every time I share a bed with her, I cannot stop thinking about Ella and how comfortable I used to feel when I wake up with her captured between my arms. I even caught myself once or twice moaning her name while being pleasured by Linda but thankfully the latter didn't notice.

This should clearly mean something. My possessiveness over Ella, my anger and jealousy all should mean something. It can't be just desire that is pulling me to her because it should have ended the moment I kissed. It should have been forgotten and not haunting me like now. Do I like her? Did I really fall for her? And if I did how am I going to break such news to Linda? Maybe I should wait to the end of our double date to decide what I am going to do.

Linda planned this date. She picked one of the most famous restaurants there are. We are waiting in front of it now. I refused to go in without Ella and her date. I wanted to see how close they are to each other maybe this will help me understand that Ella is not what I need.

After moments of waiting and hearing Linda nag for what seems like forever, a brand new Koenigsegg Agera was parked in front of us. The man who stepped out of it rushed to open the door of his companion but the latter was faster. The moment I saw her I longed for a hug but all she saw was him. He stood shaking his head at her and she offered him a silly smile.

"She got herself a rich handsome man." Linda commented.

"She does not care about money. She never spent a dollar out of mine." I defended Ella while getting angered by Linda.

"All women do care about money." Linda continued accusingly

"Not Ella" I nearly shouted but stopped when I saw the new couple nearing to us.

"Xander your grip is killing me." Linda whined painfully. I must have tightened my hold on her out of my anger.

"Sorry" I apologized letting her go completely and that is when they reached us.

"Hey" Ella greeted shyly and I saw her date's hand rest on her back as if encouraging her to talk.

"Hello and thanks for joining us" Linda replied as she eyed Ella's date. How rude can she be? And why didn't I notice this before.

"Thanks" Ella and her date replied at the same time, looked at each other and smiled shyly.

"You two are cute. But why didn't you let him open the door for you?" Linda asked in a rude manner.

"I don't like men opening doors or pulling chairs for me. As long as I can do something by my own, then why ask for someone else's help. And why won't men wait for women to open the door? Is it because they are supposed to be stronger? Well sorry but I don't approve of such misogynist notions." Ella lectured and I couldn't help but smile at her feminist spirit

"I tried to convince her on our first date but she is too stubborn. She believes in equality. And if you pay for her meal she will try to pay for whatever you are going to buy next. So there is no need to do so or else it will turn to a race." The man continued to explain and I found myself envying him because he knew that much about her.

"Sounds like fun. I am Linda by the way." Linda introduced or flirted with Ella's date

"Asher Caselton" he replied briefly ignoring Linda and all her features fell.

Silence and awkwardness took over us afterwards. There were no more shared topics. Ella and her date seem to be on a world of their own and I wanted badly to interfere to pop their bubble and stop all the flirting that was going on. I saw that so called Asher put his hand over Ella's and I silently prayed for her to pull her hand away but she didn't she just smiled at the gesture and blushed. My heart at such an exchange of affection pained and I couldn't even breathe to tame it. All my body and even my soul seemed to ache. My mind shouted for me to stand up and separate them both. I wanted to kill Asher and hide Ella away from his loving gaze.

"Come on nerd. Pick already" Asher uttered addressing Ella and getting all our attention

"Watch it man!" I unconsciously threatened and found all my jealousy flaring at him.

"It is okay Xander. Those are our nicknames and we are playing around." Ella said trying to calm me down but I found myself just getting angrier

"Xander, I will never hurt Ella. I actually like her and those are our past nicknames." Asher informed seeming genuine but all I saw is red.

He likes her? But does she? And did she forget all about me; Old stupid me who just discovered how he feels about her?

Dinner continued to be torturous and I continued to see red and to feel consumed by anger and jealousy. For once I can say it I want Ella. I truly do but is Ella going to want me after all my doings? Is she going to want me when she has Asher?

I saw all the hidden smiles. I heard all the flirting. I loathed all the unnecessary touching and blushing. I hated them and was nearly driving mad by all them. I rushed and ate rapidly wanting the date to end. Linda tried to gain my attention but I just ignored her. I didn't want her anymore. I want Ella. I want my forcefully arranged wife. I want what is lawfully mine. I want those glittering dark orbs of hers. I want her attention, her care and love.

"We will drive Ella back." I offered or ordered to be exact. I just can't let Asher's promise to Ella happen. I won't let him kiss her.

"it is okay, I can drive her by myself." Asher said as he side hugged Ella and I was ready to kill. Can't he see that he is not needed? What is it with people and being stubborn?

"I will see you all home." Ella decided while taking a hold of Asher's hand and walking away with him. And I was left there to suffer from the strongest pain I have ever felt. But I do deserve to feel such a way because I pushed her away. I picked Linda. I was stupidly blind.

I drove insanely fast attempting to reach the house at the same time as Asher. I wanted to stop the kiss at any cost. I wanted to throw Asher out my mansion and away from my wife. How could I have been so blind? How did I ignore such emotions before? How did I not acknowledge my love for her before?

"You believe me now when I said that you were deeply in love with her that you break down when she is not around and that you act like a caveman when you see her around other people?" Linda questioned sensing my anger and fear.

"Yes, I am" I confessed not caring anymore about anything or anyone but Ella.

I drove more madly. Asher's car was nowhere to be seen. I feared that they already have reached. I needed to drive faster, to claim my wife and keep her pure and untouched by any other man. Those lips of hers should only be mine and mine only. Her soul, body and mind should make love only to me. I need to get my Ella. I ignored all of Linda's calls, warnings and cries. I ignored all the cars next to me, all the red lights and stops. I ignored it all until darkness and pain consumed me. Until I couldn't move my limbs or open my eyes and the last word I uttered was "Ella"

Hope that you enjoyed reading this chapter

Vote & comment to get the next

& thanks for yoursupportu