Chapter 34 Octavius Get Out

Valentine Winters P.O.V

The hotel room door swung open, and on reflex, I pushed Lucifer away, causing him to fall to the floor with a hiss of pain before scowling at me. We both turned our heads in unison, only to find a timid-looking Japanese lady—undoubtedly the housekeeper. My breathing was still ragged from the heated moment just moments ago.

Attempting to recall what had gone wrong, my eyes widened in shock. How could I have said something like that? The reality hit me like a ton of bricks—I had never even had sex before. I was still an untouched virgin, and Lucifer had been my genuine first kiss.

As I calmed my breathing, I glanced over at the housekeeper. Her small eyes went wide, and I could see her face turning red by the second.

"Sorry, I should've knocked a couple more times before I barged in. I'm kinda new at this job," she stammered, looking away and scratching the back of her neck.

Lucifer stood up, dusting off his pants and straightening his shirt before walking over to her stiffly. My wolf was on high alert, wanting to drag him further away from another female. Her possessiveness grew with each step he took.

"What do you want?" he asked her, his tone straightforward and serious.

"I want her," another voice cut in.

My eyes immediately landed on my dad's figure approaching the room. Tears welled up in my eyes, overwhelmed with happiness at the prospect of being saved.

My dad dismissed the housekeeper, and she quickly left the room. Sobbing uncontrollably, I tried to run towards him, but a tall figure blocked my path. I attempted to go around him, but it was useless before he grabbed me by the hips and wrapped his right arm around me.

"Dad," I cried out, struggling to break free from his grip, wriggling my best. The room was filled with tension and emotion, a captivating blend of desire, possessiveness, and the hope of salvation.

"Release her now," my dad boomed with his alpha voice, his eyes turning charcoal black, displaying his wolf's protectiveness for his kin—his daughter.

"She's mine," Lucifer growled defiantly.

"You have no experience fighting with a wolf unleashed," my dad stated, fur already sprouting out from his skin.

"You're not taking her away from me," Lucifer snarled, gripping me tighter against him.

My dad's wolf growled out ferociously. Tension hung in the air as the two alphas faced off, a clash of dominance that could spark a war between packs.

"If I attack you, I'll create war between the packs!" my dad groaned, his wolf pacing left and right.

"I have full authority over her than you. She doesn't love you. Give her back to me now," he commanded, claws elongating from his fingers.

Lucifer's heart raced audibly as he processed the weight of my dad's words. His eyes moved, connecting with mine before his pink lips started moving.

"Me or him?" he asked, the tension palpable.

I was frozen in place, my eyes locked onto his, torn between two worlds.

"Me or him?" he repeated, tightening his hold on me, making me wince.

"H-him," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

Betrayal flashed across Lucifer's eyes as I uttered that word. His grip on me loosened, and he took a step away, shaking his head in disbelief. The moment he distanced himself, my heart shattered into millions of pieces.

Instinctively, my hands reached out to stop him without thinking, but he raised his hands, signaling for me to stop. "I will never interfere in your pathetic life, no matter if you're dead," he whispered.