Chapter 45 Dream Or Vision

Lilith Ra P.O.V

I found myself abruptly shoved into the washroom, surrounded by a sea of unfamiliar women's clothing. Irritation etched across my face, I sighed and ran my fingers through my tangled burgundy hair, a wince escaping my lips as a knot unleashed a sharp pain in my scalp.

Facing the mirror, I gasped, confronted by the reflection of a disheveled masterpiece. Bloodstains and brown dirt adorned my entire being. If this was the aftermath Gabriel witnessed, I couldn't blame him for not wanting to date a walking mess like me. I groaned at the sight.

Determined to shed the remnants of my chaotic state, I stripped down, silently praying for the absence of hidden cameras. As the water cascaded over me, I used an orange-scented soap, scrubbing vigorously. The shampoo, boasting a strawberry aroma, worked its magic on my tangled hair, fingers doing the job of a fine comb with less pain.

Satisfied with my self-cleaning mission, I emerged from the shower, wrapped in a fluffy white towel. With one securing my naked form and another wrapped around my wet hair, I changed into the provided clothes – a bra, panties, a loose shirt, and sweatpants. Grateful for the decency, I proceeded to dry my purple burgundy hair with the towel used for my head.

Confident that the coast was clear, I swung open the shower door and was immediately seized by the wrist. The spark coursing through the contact left little room for speculation – it was him. A click resonated as I gazed down to discover I was cuffed to him with his right hand clasped around my left wrist.

Stupefied and bewildered, I shot him a confused look. "Planning on going somewhere? Well, I'm coming along," he smirked, mischief glinting in his captivating blue eyes.

I growled in annoyance, attempting to cross my arms over my chest, only to groan louder when the simple act proved impossible. Trapped and cuffed, the misadventure continued, and I couldn't help but wonder what twisted path awaited us.

Gabriel Zades P.O.V

Perfection was the only word that fit her as she emerged from the shower, leaving behind the disarray of her previous state. Despite the fury simmering in her eyes, I couldn't resist the urge to provoke her further by purposefully cuffing her to me. Trust was a scarce commodity, even with the mate bond between us, and Lucifer's skepticism lingered like a shadow.

Intertwining my fingers with hers, I noted the blush attempting to camouflage beneath her cascading hair. Amusement danced in my eyes; her annoyance only added to the allure.

As we strolled, Alpha Nathaniel's permission granted her a room in the pack house under my watchful eye. Any turmoil she caused would be my responsibility, a debt I willingly accepted.

Curiosity fueled my question, "What's with you and this Kyle?"

Silence lingered before she deflected, "What's with you and Lucifer?"

An eye for an eye, a silent understanding between us. Yet, her stubbornness emerged, refusing to respond to my inquiry. "Are you always this stubborn, or is it a language barrier?" I prodded.

She shot me a glare, retorting, "Are you always this annoying, or is it one of your charms?"

Rolling my eyes, I muttered, "At least I have charms," unintentionally audible to her sharp ears.

"Who do you think you are?" she demanded, halting in her tracks, pointing a finger at my chest.

Amused by her attempt at intimidation, I chuckled. "Trying to intimidate me, mate?" I questioned, finding the irony in our banter.

"Are you laughing at me? Fuck you!" she hissed, snapping me back to reality. Did she just curse at me?

Swiftly altering our positions, I pressed her against the wall, a playful growl escaping me. "Now, that wasn't very nice," I teased near her left ear, the tension between us crackling in the air.