Chapter 18 Eclipsed by Ambiguity

"Please, it hurts." I begged.

He leaned against my ear. "You should have thought about that before you took that girl's place." He whispered before nibbling on my earlobe.

Sparks were flying everywhere and my body was heating up by its own from our closeness.

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"Why are you doing this to me?" I sobbed, the weight of his grip on my neck intensifying with every plea.

"Stop talking," he warned, his voice carrying an undercurrent of turmoil.

"I'm innocent. I've never done anything to you," I insisted, desperate to understand the reason behind his inexplicable hostility.

He tightened his hold on my neck. "I said stop talking."

"Tell me," I demanded, a thread of defiance weaving through my desperation.

"Stop!" he shouted, frustration etched across his face.

"I deserve to know," I pleaded, my voice trembling with a mixture of fear and determination.

"You make me weak. You're changing me, and I hate that!" he bellowed, shoving me forcefully to the floor.

As I lay there, absorbing the impact, he continued his raw confession, revealing the inner turmoil of a hunter torn between duty and an unexpected connection.

"I'm a hunter trained to massacre any werewolves on my sight. Why can't I just exterminate you? All would be back to the way things were—the finest son for my father and a dedicated hunter," he admitted, his words heavy with the weight of his conflicting emotions.

"I wish you never existed," he declared, retreating to sit on his bed, leaving me to grapple with the harsh reality of his sentiments.

The room fell into a somber silence as I lay on the floor, processing the heartbreaking revelation. His words echoed in my mind, causing both me and my wolf to feel the sting of rejection and sadness.

"Now you know why," he said, a bitter edge in his voice.

I wanted to argue, to defend myself against a destiny I never chose, but the fear of his unpredictable reactions kept me silent.

"I-I'm s-sorry," I stammered, my voice barely audible.

"One more tear or sorry? I'll hurt you," he threatened, his gaze sharp and unyielding.

In the quiet aftermath, I found the courage to whisper, "Why'd you take me here?" The question lingered in the air, a plea for answers amid the shadows of our tangled fate.

"You degraded me in front of everyone. You are to be taught a vexatious lesson."

I slumped against the wall, my knees drawn close to my chest as I wrapped my arms around them, seeking solace in the small cocoon of my own making. The weight of humiliation and frustration pressed down on me, and I felt an overwhelming urge to scream.

"Now, where were we?" he inquired, his footsteps closing in on me.

I lifted my head abruptly, the dread of his impending presence making my heart race.

He seized my upper arm, yanking me off the ground, and unceremoniously threw me onto his bed. I found myself sprawled across the mattress, my back to him and my front pressed against the bed.

His looming figure hovered over me, an oppressive force, and my breath became increasingly labored. He pinned me down with his body, his heated breath grazing my cheek, sending shivers down my spine.