Chapter 4: A Whole New Life

I have to say, in a few hours everything changed. The word had spread like wildfire, and all attention is on me, good and bad. People who used to hurt me ignore me. Of course they think that if they ignore me I won't say anything. Like I said, they're quite stupid. It's not like it's a secret, everyone knows that people used to beat me up.

This news going around the school is flaring up faster than Tiffany's anger. And that's saying something. She was the eyes of the school, and if there was any gossip around, it was likely about her or her friends. And she liked it that way. 

After fourth period, I have my books and binder in hand, and I shut my locker. Tiffany is right behind me, attempting to scare me. I find it funny that people think of her as intimidating. She tries to act like she's above you, but it's hard to take someone that's three inches shorter than you seriously. Even those heels don't do anything. I turn around with a bored expression on my face, expecting her, and I can see her anger grow just a bit more now that she knows she can't really scare me.

She has this really smug smirk on her face, like she knows something I don't. "Hey bitch, guess what? I slept with your boyfriend." She says. It's not like I'm a lie detector, but if she actually did, she wouldn't tell me. Right now she just wants attention from me. I stare at her for a few seconds, my eyebrow raised, and then the laughter comes. I laugh for probably forty seconds straight before I look at her. 

"Do you think I care, even if you were telling the truth? Besides, I don't have a boyfriend, and I'm not interested in any of the boys here. Have them, I don't care. Goodbye." I say as I walk right past her to my next class.

I sound like a bitch, don't I? I probably do. But if you stop to consider what she's done to ruin practically my entire childhood, you can see my reasons. 

I sigh as I enter my fourth period class. Nothing interesting happens; the teacher for this class is pretty chill. 

But, as you can clearly see, it's school. What can you expect?

Thank god it's lunchtime. I grab my bag quickly and almost run to the cafeteria. I'm pretty much always hungry. I go to the mostly-empty table and sit down. Today, I was here first. I take out my food and start eating. I feel a presence behind me and I turn around. Julia is there, and she looks disappointed. "Dammit, I wanted to scare you!" She says. I laugh." Alright, well you tried. Come on, sit with me. 

For once I'm actually enjoying the day, well as enjoyable as normal school days can get. Which is not that much. 

Since I started eating immediately, I finish way before Julia does. We have ten minutes left of the lunch break. Out of the corner of my eye I see an eyesore. Well, actually, six eyesores. Tiffany and her friends. 

They sit at the table we're at.

Oh, hell no!

Subtly I scan the room for other empty tables and find one. I stand up, disgust clearly evident on my face, and walk away, Julia trailing behind. How could we talk shit if the people we were talking about were right by us? 

On average, I'm not a very mean person. I know, it doesn't seem like that, but I am not taking shit from anybody who makes fun of me. Anyone who I have nothing against, I'm very nice and calm. 

The rest of lunch is uneventful, as no one else tries to test me.

Fifth and sixth period I'm anxious, ready to got out of this hell hole and fight. 

You see, the thing is that I use all the anger I build up every day as I get bullied as some of my energy. I just love fighting because of the fact that you can gain strength and hand-eye coordination. 

My fight is directly after school, which is why I packed a change of clothes in my backpack.

After sixth period finishes, I go to grab my stuff from my locker. I walk into the school bathroom and change. 

I check my phone to see a text from my mom.

Okay, hon. See you tonight. Love you!

I smile as I close the messages app and stuff my phone in my purse.

I meet up with Julia by the school entrance, as we are going together. We're what you call 'double trouble' because we both skilled fighters. The gym is very close to the school, as is my house. So much so that we walked to the club. 

The hairs on the back of my neck were raised, so every few minutes I'd look back to see if anyone was behind us. Even if someone was, I could easily take them down. 

We finally made it to the club, and this time we went through the well-hidden staircase. The sound of fervent chatter was familiar to me, as was the sound of skin hitting skin. 

I walk to a bench and plop my stuff down. My fight starts in five minutes, I got here a little early. Julia's fight was directly after my own, so I plan on staying to watch. 

The five minutes ends quickly, as it is now my turn to fight. They dude is easy, way less of a challenge than yesterday. I have him on the ground by the time I uppercut his jaw and flip him over my head. 

The fight lasted less than one minute.

Julia's fight was more of a challenge; she fought this random dude who looked a little more prepared than the one I fought. She claimed victory as well; we were both skilled at what we did. 

As we celebrated our victories I failed to notice a guy in a hoodie, staring right at me.

And that guy was Nick.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello again everyone!

The next chapter will be entirely in Nick's POV So you can see what's running through his mind when he finds the club.