Chapter 10: Shell of my former self

I have to admit, I have changed a lot since I broke my leg.
I'm a total pessimist, I don't talk to people, I'm more antisocial, I could go on and on.
But I won't. Anyway, a few things happened today.

First of all, I am starting to warm up to Nick. No, not in that way. Just, he's nicer around me and I'm a bit nicer around him than I was. Second, I've been a lot more distant with Julia. She knows I won't talk to her, so she spaced herself from me a little bit so I could be in peace, which is nice. Third, I have a plan to get Tiffany suspended. Secretly film all of the bullying she does and compile it into one big fat video. Then show it to the school. Today I got my first two clips. I filmed her smashing a student into the lockers and pushing them now. The second one was of her bullying me. I taped my phone to my hand during it and filmed every minute. It kind of went something like this:

I hobbled down the hall way. Tiffany walked up to me and pushed me over. Then, she pulled me up and smashed me against the lockers. Finally, she slapped me across the face. I stopped the tape.

After I stopped the tape, I smirked. "That'll go great!" She stopped. "What do you mean?" I smiled. "You just got yourself one step closer to suspension!" I shouted as I hobbled away on my crutches, leaving her in total confusion.
Hey, someone had to do it. It felt nice to be happy, but the joy dissipated and I sank down into my web of sadness and depression.

At lunch, I started talking to Julia again. It felt good to have someone to talk to. Or, in my case, almost incompetently mumble. At lunch, at one point when I was alone, Nick sat down with me. I looked over at him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked. "Sitting with you. Is there a law against that?" He said. "In Tiffany's mind, yes. In fact, she's coming over here right now." I said, my voice rising towards the end. Nick quickly turned around to see Tiffany and her friends. "Just go. You don't deserve this." I mumbled. He shook his head and turned toward them. Tiffany flipped her hair. "Hey Nick." She said all flirty. He shook his head. "Oh, Nicky, why don't you want me? Surely you'd rather have me over that emo freak." She said with a smirk on her face. "What if I would want her over you?" He said defiantly. My mouth dropped open in realization of what he just said. Hers looked confident. Too confident. "I'm sure you do. You're just hiding it because you don't want miss nerdy over here to feel bad. With every shame-throwing word that came out of her mouth, I could feel rage building up inside of me. While Tiffany was uselessly flirting with Nick, she didn't notice me get up. Nick turned around and saw the determination set on my face.

I hobbled over and stared her right in the eye. "What are you gonna do, you little emo freak?" She said to me.

That's when I completely lost it. "Fucking stop bothering people! The only reason you tease people is because you can't handle that you're insecure and helpless! So you'd be doing everyone a favor if you stopped bullying people! You'd even be highering your self-esteem!" I look around the cafeteria to see everyone had stopped talking and had been staring at me. She tried to look confident, but her face fell and she stormed out of the cafeteria.

Me and Nick smiled at each other and high-fived. It felt good to smile again.

Maybe this could work, me and Nick being friends.
Even though I'm still a shell of my former self.