Chapter 23: Getting Closer

My alarm clock emitted the same sound as it did every time. I dragged myself out of bed, my only motivation being Florida. We were going in three days, after all, so I was pretty excited. After getting dressed I went downstairs to the coffeepot. Now I didn't usually have coffee in the mornings unless it was Starbucks, but I wanted a hot drink, not my usual frappe. I put a Keurig cup in our coffeepot and waited for the flow of coffee to stop.

When it stopped I gladly grabbed the cup and took a long sip. Because I never had coffee from here, I recoiled. It tasted incredibly bitter compared to my usual at StarBucks. I went to grab some creamers and after that I was able to stand it.

I prepared some cereal and sat at the table. I'm surprised my mom isn't downstairs right now because usually she's up before I come downstairs.

After I finished, I heard yawning and looked to the stairs just in time to see my mom slowly making her way down here. I looked at her, obviously confused.

"Um, mom, aren't you usually up before me?" I asked, my eyebrows creasing.

"Oh, I have a new arrangement at work. Every Thursday I can work from home, and today I chose too." She said in a tired voice.

I nodded. It made sense. I went to pack my bag and grab my shoes, and I heard the bus pass by. I didn't care, because when I was the nerd, stereotypically I took the bus a lot. But now I just drive.  I got into my car and started it up. I spent the rest of the drive jamming to Fall Out Boy. Yes I might be what people call badass but that doesn't mean I can't listen to music. I pulled into the school just as a song was ending and I got out. The staring that I got accustomed to is now gone, people have just accepted my existence, and believe it or not it was kinda weird now.

I walked into the school and went to put my shit away. I walked into the gym. Nothing happened today in gym, at least nothing interesting. As I made my way through the day I noticed Tiffany was a bit stay-offish. She didn't bother me, as she was probably embarrassed by what happened the other day. I shamed her, and shamed her hard. I did, however, catch her casting death glares at me throughout the school day. Today went fairly fast, and for this I was ecstatic. My only motivation today was Florida. It was all I could think about. Now that I think about it, something did happen today.

When I was walking into 4th period, a sealed envelope was on my desk. It would have had to have just been placed there because it was quite obviously meant for me. After putting my stuff down I grabbed the envelope and ripped it open. The noise caused a few people to look in my direction, but quickly divert their eyes and look away when I look their way. I read the letter.

Dear Faith,

You haven't seen the last of me. You may have duped me in the past but once a nerd, always a nerd, huh? I mean, you'll probably know who's writing this the second you start reading this, but I couldn't care less. Yes, it may have been very, very easy to stomp me out the last few times, but really, you ain't seen nothin yet. Parting is such a sweet sorrow, but think again, i'll see you tomorrow!

Kisses, Tiff

I already knew that Tiffany was the one who sent this. But, despite what she says, it'll be easy because her brain equals to one of a ostrich. (In case you didn't know an ostrich's brain is smaller than their eye) Whatever. When class started I took a picture of the letter and put my phone away before I got caught. After that, nothing happened. I drove home and decided to hang out at the gym to pass some time. I called Julia, telling her to meet me at the gym.

For two hours Julia and I punched, lifted, pushed, pulled, and pumped stuff before leaving.

I drove home to my house, and once again, saw that I'd be alone. I had no problem with this and just walked inside.