Chapter 28: Hey, Why Not?

The first thing I did as I woke up was yawn so loud I think my mom could hear it downstairs, or wherever she is in the house. The point is, it was loud. Anyway, after waking up I stayed in bed, just generally lying there before getting out of bed. It was already Sunday, which meant I would have to go back to school tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to worry about school right now. But unfortunately I have to go back to that hell hole every day. Well, for 10 more days. But I'm still complaining. I slowly got dressed in a simple pair of gray track pants and a long-sleeve cropped shirt.

Walking like a zombie, I went downstairs, and was met with a sweet surprise *note the sarcasm*

I fell down on the third stair and crashed at the bottom of the staircase. My mom immediately noticed, and ran to grab a first aid kit. I wasn't hurt very badly, I've had worse. Just a little kink in my back, I think. And a bruise will probably show up later.

Well what a lovely way to start the day.

**********************************************************************************

After finishing breakfast (Eggs and bacon) I went outside, breathing in the fresh morning air. I flicked a pair of shades onto my face. Hey I don't wanna go blind okay?

I grabbed my bike, my purse, and my thin jacket before heading downtown.

It had taken about ten minutes on bike to get there, not a long ride. I parked my bike in a rack and hung my purse loosely around my shoulder. I opened up the door to Starbucks and guess who I saw? Oh wait you can probably guess now. Spoiler; it's Tiffany. Her and her large group of friends were impatiently waiting for drinks and loudly laughing at shit that was probably completely irrelevant. Averting eye contact, I ordered my drink and stood closer. I was wearing casual clothes and shades, I prayed that they wouldn't recognize me.

I didn't want the poor Starbucks baristas to get even more worked up than they probably already were.

The last of their drinks came, and I moved closer, looking at the floor. One of Tiffany's friends saw me and whispered in her ear. Well this was just great. The waiter called my drink and I grabbed it, prepared to use it for any defensive purposes. There was nothing popular girls like them hated more than ruined clothes in the public. Tiffany looked straight at me, suspicious. It was almost like she could see straight through my sunglasses.

I worried for a moment as they walked in my direction, but they merely passed me. Tiffany, however, looked at me and shot me a death glare. Under my shades I rolled my eyes. That didn't scare me and it never would.

I grabbed my coffee and got the hell out of there and went back to the park, sipping my coffee quietly.

************************************************

I was about about halfway home and was rummaging through my purse. I felt something thin and loud, perhaps a piece of paper. I stopped my bike on the sidewalk and opened the paper. It read.

I'm coming for you. I suggest you keep your guard up.

-T

What the hell was up with these frickin notes? Tiffany had tried and failed how many times now?

I hopped on my bike and continued home, shaking my head at Tiffany's stupidity. What an idiot!

************************************************************

I walked through the door in the garage, having put my bike away, and went straight toward the refrigerator, like always. After grabbing an apple and hopped up the stairs, my energy suddenly returning, I flopped onto my bed. It was mid-afternoon at this point, and I had nothing to do. It was a nice day, sunny and about 76 degrees Fahrenheit. (A/N it's may now and I wish it was that warm😒)