Chapter 26: In A Dream

Please don't kill me I know I haven't updated in a while I'm sorry! I was really busy this week! This chapter is pretty crap though☹️

Today there was no rush to get up. Today there was no hassle. Today there was no school.

And most of all, today there was no homework.

By the time I got out of bed the clock read 10:38am. I thought maybe today we could go to Universal Studios and spend a few hours there. I looked over and saw that Julia was already out of her bed. I grabbed a salmon colored crop top and ripped faded denim shorts.

I shook Julia awake before proceeding to make waffles with Nutella (anybody else love those in real life? Well here's a fact to ruin your day: Nutella actually has an ingredient that causes cancer!yeah I just ruined your day there so I'll stop)

After eating, Julia and I got in our black car and drove to Universal Studios. It took about an hour, but we finally got there. The large globe The was the center of the attraction, and it caught my eye instantly. Instantly I went over to it, mesmerized by its patterns and its shine. Mostly the shine.

We went on a few rides, grabbed some nice food, but by the end of the day, we were pretty tired. We went to stop for dinner at this restaurant called T-Rex. It was a large building with a graphics title outside the establishment. We walked in, mesmerized by its size. When we went in, it gave off a jungle vibe. The inner walls of the restaurant had fake grass and an animal theme. It was pretty impressive, I had to say. The server led us to a table in an area with fake crystals. Every ten minutes or so, they would change color, and the kids would ooh and ahh at it. Near the restrooms there were glass containers holding actual amethysts, which I found astounding.

I ordered chicken wings, while Julia just ordered a large caesar's salad. As we ate our food we looked around at the place. Since we were too busy eating, we didn't have much time to talk. Even though I'm pretty sure that was one of the points of this trip.

After we left and started to drive to the hotel, I flopped down onto my bed. I wasn't tired, really I was in the mood to watch a movie. The television was an Apple TV, and we had movies at the touch. A few minutes of bickering later and we were sitting together watching Nerve.

Because the movie ended at about 10pm, it was dark outside. Julia went to bed, and I went out onto the balcony, thoughtful. I grabbed my cell phone, and checked my texts. Beside texts from my mom to check up on me, I had a text from Nick.

Hey how are you? Wondering if you wanted to go to the carnival together when you get back? It just opened

Sent Tuesday, March 24 9:38pm

That wasn't that long ago. I'd text him in the morning. I looked out into the sky, the stars shining bright like they didn't have a care in the world. I spotted some constellations, and marveled at the simplicity and complexity of them. It was like they fit together like puzzle pieces. Sometimes I wish we were like that too.

The human world is complex. I wish we had some sort of person we could almost always count on to be there for us. Of course, we have friends and boyfriends and girlfriends, but they could leave you, and that could break your heart. I wish we had that one person that would always be on our side and that could never leave us.

Which is why I'm happy I have Julia. She was there for me, even through my depression, my injuries, and relationships and attitude. I feel like I can count on her. And I'm glad I can.

I feel asleep in my bed with this thought lingering in my subconscious mind.

******************************