Chapter 13: The Golden Age

So, today was average, as far as days go.
I've kind of gotten over not being able to fight, even though I know that pang of depression will come back soon. I'm trying to enjoy my little "Golden Age". If that describes it correctly anyway. Oh, and one thing.

Tiffany's suspended.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes! Finally I got enough data from the slideshow and showed the principal. So now, Tiffany's suspended for 3 weeks. I wish it could be more. Anyway, since I was in a cheery mood today, I actually looked up at people and was more social. And by more, I mean by a microscopic amount. This morning I got a text from Nick. "Hey, I have something to tell u when u get to school. Meet me by my locker."

What could he possibly want?

But instead of ignoring his request, like I would on a normal day, I took up his offer. I walked to his locker the minute I walked into the building. He didn't want much. We hung out in the gym for about 20 minutes, and actually talked a little bit. I learned that he wasn't the cocky jock that he seemed to be on the outside. He said that he sort of had feelings for me and felt bad that I got bullied.

Wow. It was nice to have a boy who understood me. I learned that he likes to go to the school gym and punch things to let out anger. Even though we're polar opposites, we actually are similar, in a way. He told me he would be leaving early today, in the middle of third period. I suffered through Technology Applications and Math, my first two classes. Then Social Studies. The bell had just rang when he came up to me and said. "Faith, I have something I want to ask you. So, do.." he was cut off. As if on cue, the phone rang and he was sent to pack his things. I sighed. How could he make me furious but almost swoon at the same time.

Do I like him? What other reason would I swoon?

I made up my mind. I did like him. And I'm pretty sure he likes me. It's kind of weird and cliché though. I had no doubt in my mind that he was just about to ask me out, I would have said yes, and Tiffany would have lost her very small mind. But, sadly I must wait. I finally had to admit I liked him because I wanted to be with him every minute. I made it through the day before going home to my mom's house. I'd be going to my dad's every weekend. Since it's been a while, my doctor is allowing me to just use my boot, and no crutches.

Thank god. Thank fucking god. When I got home, I said a quick hello and went up to my room. I decided to call Julia. "Juls, come over ASAP!!" I texted her. 5 minutes later, she was at the door. "Jules, I just realized something. I-i like Nick."

She sat there for about 1 minute before she gasped and started teasing me, like any girl would. "Oh, shut up. I think he wants to ask me out. I'll beat him to it." I said happily. "But all of this while Tiffany's gone? When she comes back, she'll be pissed." Said Julia. I smiled. "Who gives a fuck about Tiffany right now? Because I sure don't."

"Fine, but I want to be there for every second of it!" Exclaimed Julia.
But, that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Hey guys!
I just started published a NEW STORY called The Grace Chronicles! The story is about real-life experiences I have had in my life that I wanted to write about. Check it out!