Chapter 9: Depression sucks

Day 2 of mass depression.

Yay.

Depression absolutely sucks. I feel so down. I mean, more down than I usually am. Julia doesn't have a lot of classes with me, so she only helps twice a day. Nick helps me every time she can't.
I know what you're thinking. Yes, he does like me. I don't know 100%, but I'm pretty sure. In 3rd period, I sat in my desk, anxiously waiting for the bell to ring to go to lunch. I looked back at Nick and he was looking at me. I nodded and he repeated this action. When the bell rang, he helped me with my stuff. I don't like him, but I'll take all the help I can get. It's hard to carry things with crutches. As I walked into the cafeteria, Julia was waiting for me at our usual table. I just stared down at my lunch. I did eat a little, though. I got a call in the middle of lunch. I went into the hall to answer. "Hello?" I asked into the speaker.

"We got a great opportunity for you, Falcon. Want to fight tomorrow?"

I didn't say anything for about 10 seconds. Then, I hung up. I hobbled down to the girls bathroom, and made sure no one else was in there. I locked myself in a stall and started to cry. Yes. I, Faith the Falcon, was crying.

I couldn't fight. And I wouldn't be able to for another 2 months.

Fuck my life.

I put my lunch away by myself and went to the gym. I loved punching things when I'm sad. I had a boot on, so I could walk around, but I wasn't supposed to. This was something I had to do. I changed into a sports bra and yoga leggings and put on boxing gloves. I hobbled out to a punching bag and punched the bag, letting my sadness and anger out even more in every punch. I stopped for water, and I heard the door to the gym creak open. I thought it was Julia, so I ignored it and put the cap on my water bottle. I continued punching the bag. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and on instinct, I whirled around, without looking up, and punched the person. They laid on the ground. I turned around to look at the person, and it was fucking Nick. He didn't know I saw his face, so I instantly turned around and kept punching the bag. After about 5 minutes, I turned and started toward the girl's locker room. Nick walked beside me and didn't say anything. He stopped at the entrance and let me go inside.

Apparently I hadn't let out all of my sadness because, unexpectedly, I just broke down and started bawling so loud, Nick could probably hear them from outside the girl's locker room door. I knew he was there, waiting. But I didn't care. When I came out of the locker room, my face was tear-streaked and my mascara had started to run. When I came out of the locker room, Nick turned to look at me. "Are you okay?" I looked up at him, my bangs hiding part of my face. "No. And I won't be for the next 2 months." I started moving so fast on my crutches, he couldn't catch up to me.

I was relatively stable for most of the rest of that day, except for passing time between 5th and 6th period. Tiffany and her band of bitches pressed me against the lockers, and I lost it. In an angry way. "Leave me the fuck alone." I mumbled
as I punched her in the stomach. She staggered back, leaving me room to escape. I hobbled as fast as I could, which was faster than her because I have no idea how she walks in those heels. I made it into my classroom, and Nick was in that class.

She wants to put me in my place? Two can play that game. After 6th period, Nick helped me with my stuff and asked me for my number. Why not, really? "Fine. It's 248-238-6046." I grunted. He put it into his phone. More help and more defense from Tiffany and friends(eye roll). I drove home and went up to my room the second I got home. My mom was home, though. I gave her a weak hello before I went up to my room as fast as I could and shut the door.

I collapsed in the corner of my room and started crying.

Depression really does suck.