Chapter 27: It's Only May

Looking at pictures of my vacation got pretty boring after an hour or so. It's only been a few hours since my last few footsteps in Florida. I already wish I could go back. Maybe in the summer.

I switched my focus to the calendar, which was set on my desk. I looked it over, my eyes roaming the dates and the day when school gets out. June 8th. It seemed so far away, yet so close. Today, after all, was the 25th of May, so I only had about 2 weeks left. Not much. I didn't have to go to school, not today. But tomorrow I would, even though tomorrow would be Friday. At least I'd have the weekend to make stuff up.

I went downstairs where my mom was finishing dinner. She handed me a plate of chicken and mashed potatoes and I sat down.

"Honey," she said, suddenly serious, "Your dad wants to see you at his house. Do you want to stay there for the weekend?"

My gaze immediately to the floor. I had never really disagreed with my dad, but I just didn't understand why he would leave my mom, the sweetest woman I have met. And this swirled hate for him in my heart. I shook my head vigorously.

"Hell no."

The rest of dinner was relatively quiet, as I continued to eat the food.

******************************************

I started to tire, considering I had eaten so much chicken it was going to put me in a food coma.

(Comment if you have ever had a food coma...😋)

Well, it was late enough anyway. I struggled to have motivation to do anything whatsoever, and the fatigue felt like a massive weight on my head. I finally got my pajamas on and wasted no time getting into my bed.

Had my bed always felt this comfy?

*******************************

I shot up when I heard the alarm go off, putting me in a temporary daze. I saw my surroundings and realized oh wait, it's just my alarm. Oh, right, school. Well fuck school but I still have to go. I dragged myself out of my bed and got ready with my eyes half open. I trudged down the stairs, everything around me looking like a meaningless blur as I walked to the kitchen. I yawned massively and got out some cereal. As I walked I swayed from side to side like a frickin zombie. Every action I made had no serious energy, no real cause.

The passing of time seemed to be so fast it felt like only minutes had passed since I woke up. And I was in my car, going to school!

My sight seemed to improve when I arrived, and my other senses were getting better as well. By the time I walked into school my senses and my body were up and ready to go.

Yeah, a typical morning in my world.

And my newly awakened senses had the pleasure of hearing Tiffany's voice screech like an angry banshee. Correction, she was and angry banshee. I considered saying that to her, but then I'd have to deal with more of her whining, even though I'd still hear it because she was heading straight for me. Her face was so contorted it reminded me of an angr.... never mind.

"Ugh. You're back. How was your time in Florida bitch?"

I narrowed my eyes. She was being nice. Too nice. She was up to something. So I played the insult card. "Who died and made you queen? Oh wait," I stopped myself, " You're not a queen and you never will be. So go fuck off before I make you."

Her hands started shaking. "Nerd!" She called as she stalked away, with her minions following behind. One of them shot me a death glare, but I rolled my eyes and went on with my day. Now, time to see Nick and remind him once again that Tiffany was an asshole via one of my many, many rants. I wondered why he was still here after he'd gone through 5 of them. Eh whatever, gotta get to class. I saw Nick by a desk, looking around the room. I almost laughed out loud as I assumed he was looking for me. As I got closer, his eyes moved to me and he smiled.