Chapter 4 - A Dream Come True

"I am Watari. I presume that you are (F/N) (L/N)."

"Yes, that is right."

"I need to see some form of Identification."

"Oh, yes certainly." I unzipped my backpack and pulled out my student ID card.

"Thank you Miss (L/N)."

I knew who he was, he was L's only contact and that must mean that, t-that, that I GET TO MEET L. I had to contain my excitement and stay professional.

"Follow me." I nodded and followed him quietly out the back door of the NPA. There was a tiny alley with a Limo waiting for us. He opened the door for me and I climbed inside. It smelt like strawberries and sugar. It was an amazing smell and I breathed it in, enjoying every last moment of it. I attempted to look out the windows but it was blacked out. I pouted in disappointment then spoke up. 

"Watari."

"Yes, Miss (L/N). Is there something that you require."

"Only an answer." I paused, "When do I get to meet L."

"Very soon," he nodded. "You are quite smart Miss (L/N)."

"Why thank you Watari." I beamed. Watari called me smart, someone who knew L called me smart. It was so very hard for me to contain my fangirling moment and not talk about L like a 12-year-old that would talk about her crush to her friends. I just sat there smiling, occasionally talking about subjects like the weather. 

After what felt like hours breathing in strawberry sent we came to a stop. Watari opened my door for me and I climbed out, stretching my limbs. We were outside a grand 5-star hotel. Within what was actually 15 minutes I had already grown fond of Watari and felt like I had known his for years, just like Light. My heart sunk at this thought. I was still in denial about how Light could even be remotely Kira. I had phased out and sunk into my thought when I realised that I was already in the elevator with Watari. He looked over to me. 

"Miss (L/N), are you alright. You look sad."

"Oh, yes, yes I am very good. I was just thinking." Watari nodded and the lift doors slid open. 

"If you could come this way, that would be greatly appreciated." The lift doors were closing on me and I stuck my arm out between them. The slid open once more, I had been lost in my thoughts. 

"Sorry, Watari." We walked down a hall which seemed like it would never end. Time seemed to slow down as excitement and butterflies built up inside me. Every step echoed through my head and I could hear my heart beat in my ears. I twirled my (H/C) hair around my index finger and placed my other thumb up to my bottom lip. I always did this when I was nervous, if anything, out of habit. 

What if I mess up, what if he hates me, what happens if I do something wrong. Thoughts rushed in and out of my head rapidly. I felt like a small child trying to talk to their crush who was cool and popular and you were not noticed and insignificant. 

"Miss (L/N)." Watari chuckled. "You are voicing your thought's."

"Oh, I am!" I looked up in surprise. I mumbled an apology. 

"No need to apologise." Watari nodded. "Well, here we are. Room 201."

"What already." I panicked. He turned the door handle and opened the door. Adrenalin pumped through my veins, this was it, this was a dream come true. The door slowly creaked open and light flooded into my eyes. This is my chance.

I entered the room, standing there was a tall man with raven hair, almost black eyes and was slouched with his hands in his pockets. I looked him up and down. He was barefoot with blue baggy jeans and a baggy white long-sleeved shirt. 

"I am L."

----------------------------------

Bam, wham, thank you man, get inside my... well parnianimal you know where this goes.

I know it's another short one but Ill be writing more today. Enjoy =)