Chapter 62 - Is Light Still There?

Heyy Guys, I'm writing from Perth Airport. I managed to survive the flight really well XD It was meant  to be 6 hours but somehow it only took 4. I've still got another 1hr flight in a few hours. So I'm eating free food and writing fanfic for you guys. Author-chan =)

----------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes hoping my special little Lawliet would be there but as expected he was not. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I hoped that he would be safe, I don't know what I would do without him. I really needed to get back to work on the Kira case though, I can't waste anymore time. I pushed away my sadness as I entered the work room and gave the task force a bright smile.

"You seem happy today, why the sudden change in mood." I glared at Light then turned to the others. "A-Anyway we have a new case, well kind of. Matsuda, give (Y/N) the file." He obediently ran away and fetched me the file. I opened it up and started to flip through it until something interesting caught my eye. My eyes widened as I read through it.

"(Y/N), is s-something wrong?" Matsuda asked concerned. They had found out about the treat. That the group wanted to know L's true name and face and also about the hydrogen bomb. A massive smirk came across my face, I knew how to stop Light, to stop Kira. All I had to do was tell them Light's name. They don't know that the real L is dead. So in a way I will be killing two birds with one stone. The birds being Light and Kira, the stone being me.

"No Matsuda, nothing at all." I looked up at Light slyly. His eyes narrowed, he knew what I was going to do. Now my chances of being killed were even higher but the only way to save myself is to get close to Light again. I looked at the file again. Crap, they knew that the bomb was in Hiroshima. This was bad, if they went while L is there this is sure to cause trouble.

"We are planning on going there in a few days." I clenched my fist behind my back. I had to warn L somehow but I couldn't do that if I was dead. I had to come up with a plan. This could be the end of Kira. One thing that no one knew is if they had a Death Note. I am assuming that they do since they only want his face and name but what happens if they know Light is Kira. Then Light would be safe and out of harm's way.

"Everyone leave, now!" I ordered. Light started to get up. "Not you Light, stay!" Everyone left hurriedly then I shut the door behind them. I stood across the room from him.

"What would you like to talk about?" He crossed his arms.

"You knew about this the whole time. Who's doing it?" He jokingly stuck his hands up in the air.

"I surrender, you got me. Yes, I knew about this but only by a month before everyone else found out. I can honestly say that I don't know anything else about it." By the look in his eyes I knew he wasn't lying.

"Fine, I believe you."

"W-What, that's not like you (Y/N)." I sat down next to him and sighed and out of nowhere I said something that I never thought I would say.

"I miss you Light." He turned and looked at me wide eyed.

"But I'm right here."

"No, you're not. The person that I'm looking at is Kira not Light Yagami. I want my friend back, the guy who was there for me for all those years. Not the creepy psychopathic murder called Kira." I was sad, what was wrong with me. Maybe if he stopped killing people he would return back to himself. I had watched him grown insane over the past few years. Was this all because he was my only friend. I know that Matsuda is my friend but he hasn't been through what me and Light have. I leant my head on his shoulder. He stiffened. "Light Yagami, I know you can hear me." I whispered. "It's me (F/N) (L/N), you remember me, right?" I felt tears well up in my eyes. This was stupid, but it felt right to do so. I hated Kira, not Light Yagami. I had just forgotten the difference between them. I tried to reassure myself. "Light, can you hear me? Please, come back." Light all of a sudden nodded then pulled me into a hug. We were both crying now.

"I-I'm so sorry (Y/N)." He cried. I held on tighter.

"It's ok, I forgive you, Light Yagami." After a saddened minute he violently pushed me away.

"NO!" He shouted grasping at his hair. He fell to his knees. "No, (Y/N). I am the god of the new world and you will join me!" I turned away from him and placed a hand on the door.

"That's Kira talking, Light Yagami is still there." I whispered. I pushed open the door and ran off past the task force.

"(Y/N)!" Aizawa shouted. They all started running after me. Aizawa grabbed me by the arm. I pulled out the pocket knife and pointed it at him. "Leave me alone!" I growled. They all backed off and I ran around the corner and into the cleaner's cupboard. I pushed my hand against the wall and then entered my name into the second door. I ran in crying into Watari's arms.

"Whatever is the matter my dear (Y/N)?"

"I-I want L-Lawliet." I managed to whimper out. He wrapped his arms around me.

"He isn't here though."

"WELL HE SHOULD BE!" I screamed. He tightened his arms around me and gently stroked my hair. He sighed.

"L has only been gone a day."

"A day too long." I whispered. I pulled away from him. "I don't care what he told you, I am going to Hiroshima, now!"