Chapter 79 - The End of the End Part 2

Yeah so I'm gonna sleep for the next 8 hours. Enjoy, also check out my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx3B4UhnG7972MGRW52DfpQ It'll mean alot to me =) Author-Chan Enjoy

----------------

Today is the day, the day my plan comes into action. From under my pillow, I take the gun I keep there and quickly hide it in my coat pocket as I hear the lift doors slide open. "Are you ready (Y/N)." I hear the familiar voice. His hands reassuringly squeezes my shoulder as I stare at a picture of my parents on the bedside table.

"Yeah." I say quietly and nod my head at the same time. I turn to him and wrap my arms around the tall pale figure's torso. My hands are clammy and I shake slightly. Truth is, I'm shitting myself. I'm terrified. Although my plan is good, there's still a fair chance that I'll die today. I listen to his strong heartbeat. I can tell that he is scared too.

"Everything will be ok." He runs a hand through my hair. "I promise." He sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than me. We stand there for a good five minutes of silence. He pulls back and kisses my forehead. "It's time." I hate that phrase; it reminds me off all the crap I've been put through.

I take a step back from him then walk to the elevator as calmly as possible. The trip down is long and the elevator's lights seem dimmer than usual. I grip onto the cold metal railing as the elevator jolts to a halt. I take a deep breath in and step out to see the others waiting for us. I look over at Light and find myself gripping onto my gun in my pocket. No, not now. I release it and walk past him.

The drive to the warehouse is long and silent. I sit next to L who is crouched down in the car seat like normal, his black ruffled hair falling over his face. The only people who know the real plan is L, Near and I. Not even Watari knows, I only told him not to stay. The car slows and halts in front the building where I'll either die, or Kira will be put to justice. "We are here." He states.

"Thank you." I stare at him for a moment then swiftly get out of the car, taking in the afternoon breeze. Everyone passes me and makes their way to the small sliding metal entrance. I look back at L who is getting out but Watari grips onto his arm.

"Good luck." I hear him say. L does not reply but just stares at him then stands next to me and closes the door. I watch as Watari drives off. Our feet crunch under the gravel and we reach the others who are gathered around the door.

"Should we go in?" Light says a bit too eagerly.

"Yes, yes we shall." L shoves his hands in his pockets then nods at Mogi who slides open the door cautiously. It screeches and makes my ears hurt briefly. I step in and see the small albino boy sitting at one end of the room surrounded by what must be his agents.

"Welcome, L." He says in a rather lower tone than I was expecting.

"Near." L replies placidly.

"Well, it's been a while."

"Yes, it has." They stand at opposite end of the large warehouse, like enemies but I know that isn't the case. Near twirls a strand of white hair around his finger.

"May I request that we wait an hour." He pauses and stops playing with his hair. "No, make it thirty minutes. That should be plenty of time."

"Time for what?!" Matsuda exclaims.

"Matsuda, calm yourself." Soichiro scolds.

"No, it's completely understandable. He at least deserves an explanation." Near interrupts then sighs quietly. "I am going to wait before we commence because I believe Kira is in this room, just to wait to see if anyone is being controlled. For all we know, Kira could be writing our names down right now at this very moment."

"Yes, I agree with you Near." L states in his monotonous voice.

"Thank you, for your consideration."

As time goes slowly by rain starts to pour down, a hole in the tin roof creating a puddle in the middle of the room. A useless extraction fan in the wall attempting to move the still muggy air inside.

"Near." Matsuda starts as he looks as his watch. "It's been over an hour, it's safe to say that none of us are being controlled!"

"That's because Kira isn't here." Light lies right through his teeth. I can see him trying to repress a smile yet to someone who doesn't know Light like I do wouldn't be able to tell. I know all his little quirks and imperfections.

"Very well, shall we get down to business." He starts to play with his hair again leaving us in silence.

"Well, what are we even here for?!" Aizawa says angrily. Near's head shoots up and looks towards the door.

"He's here." Even Near seems scared.

"Who's here?" The others ask in confusion.

"Kira." He says without breaking eye contact from the door. I felt L's hand slip into my sweaty palms. So far everything was going exactly to plan, Mikami is writing our names down and Light is trying not to laugh. Oh, how I hope they successfully replaced that notebook.

"You can come in now," L speaks to the figure behind the ajar door. Nothing happens.

"Join us, it's safe in here." I try to convince Mikami knowing it's useless. More silence. I look behind me to see Light checking his watch, a smile cracked across his face.

"Please, come in." Light says with a twist of confidence in his words. My body jolts as the door suddenly slides open. There he is, his black coat flapping in the breeze outside. Light turns to L with his smile fully exposed. "Well L... looks like I've won." L's grip tightens around my hand and his dark insomniac eyes are threaded with panic.