Chapter 27 - Deliberate Hints

It was the next morning; I woke up to L stroking my hair gently. "Good Morning." He said quietly, his deep flat voice soothing. I yawned.

"Why are you here, not like I'm complaining, but still."

"I figured you would prefer to be woken up for the case and I also read that apparently waking up to someone you love makes the overall happiness of a person higher than normal."

"Wow, you did your research." I looked at him, he was perched next to my head. "And what you read was right." I attacked him playfully until he fell off the bed, I landed on top of him. "I bet you weren't expecting that."

"Yes, you seem always seem to further surprise me." He strained his head and kissed my nose.

"Time to get up." I jumped up and pulled him with me. He dusted off the back of his shirt.

"I have been thinking about what you said last night. I think that if we hint at a possible relationship in front of Light, this will make your plan more believable and make you seem more trustworthy to Light, him knowing that you kept your word and are trying to help him."

"What about Misa?"

"Yes, that is a setback. But on the other hand, we can arrest her on the suspicion of being the second Kira. If this happens the most likely scenario will be that Light will want to be locked away as well, to prove his innocence. Furthermore, without evidence this case is actually becoming increasingly difficult."

"I agree. Now leave, I'm going to get ready." With that I pushed him through the door and locked it.

Once I came out I saw everyone assembled, including Light. They were all standing around L, who was sitting and filling his cup with sugars. How he doesn't have diabetes, I do not know. "Hey guys." I walked up behind L and winked at Light. This was my opportunity to start dropping hints. I made sure that Light was paying attention to what I was doing. I placed a hand on L's shoulder, L also knew what to do. He fumbled his words to make it seem like he was surprised. Light saw this and slyly grinned.

"Is something the matter Light?" L asked.

"No, it's nothing Ryuzaki." I removed my hand and listened into the conversation. I decided to take things further, so Light would question me. I leant down and slid my arms around L's neck. He made sure to stop talking for a good second then resumed. I retreated and looked at Light. I could tell he was confused.

"Talk later?" He mouthed. I nodded and started to contribute to the conversation about today's tasks. After this had ended Light dragged me away to the side. "What was that. Don't you think that was too forward."

"No, not at all. I can easily tell that Ryuzaki has feelings for me. He may not show it, but I can just tell. This will make things easier for us and we can be together sooner. Wouldn't you like that?" I lead him on, teasing him with my words. I knew that Light wanted nothing more than to be with me, but I did not want to be with him. When I said I would sacrifice everything for this case I meant it. Luckily on my part things had worked out for me so far. Fate always finds its way.