Chapter 51 - No More Nightmares

Well this one gets just a tad violent. How was new years? I hope you are enjoying this story. Author-chan =)

----------------------------

(Dream)

I was running. Running down a long narrow hallway with white panelled walls. My breath heavy, my footsteps echoing. I hit glass. I kept running, shards cutting through my feet, blood everywhere. I kept smashing through the layers of glass. I felt blood trickling from all over my skin. Everything smelt metallic. I saw L at the end of the hallway, his arms extended open. I reached him but then he vanished into thin air. Everything turned to blackness, I was still bleeding. I was wearing a flowing white dress. What was happening. Random colours streamed across my vision.

I could now hear the laughter of a maniac, of Kira. It became louder and louder. I covered my ears and rocked back and forth as it became too loud. "STOP!" I half screamed, half sobbed. Everything went quiet. I was now in an open grassy field. It was night time and the long grass was black and as dead as dead could be. I saw myself walk towards me. The other me was wearing a skin-tight combat suit. Blood was dripping from her mouth. She smiled creepily at me.

"No need to be surprised. It's only you." She started to cackle at the top of her lungs. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA-." There was a voice crack at the top. I wanted to cower back but was frozen in place. Where was my Lawliet. She fell silent. Blood started to seep out her eyes. "KIRA! MY GOD!" She shouted wildly. Out of nowhere a figure walked beside and faded into Light. He wrapped a tight arm around her waist and pulled her into a passionate kiss. I was watching myself, the insane version. She pulled away and glared at me. "See how happy you could be, not a care in the world." She sung the last part. The more I tried to close my eyes the more open they would become. My whole body stung. Light walked up to me.

"So, my goddess." He extended a hand out to me. "You will be happier with me." My body twisted and turned. I was in excruciating pain. I screamed and screamed as I fell into a pit of blackness.

(End Dream)

I shot up in bed, screaming at the top of my lungs. I shook all over, my chest heaving in and out for air. I was in my room, alone. I ripped the covers off myself and sprinted to the lift. Once I had exited I made a dead run towards the cleaner's cupboard. I could hear my bare feet thud against the floor. Just like my dream. I ripped open the door and threw the mops on the floor. I pressed my hand hard against the wall. I felt like I almost broke my wrist. It opened and I stumbled inside. My world was spinning. I reached the final door and with my shaking hand entered the code which was my name. My hands were sweating and were slipping on the keypad. The door opened and I saw L sitting in a chair working.

His eyes widened and he stood up and ran awkwardly to my side. "(Y/N), (Y/N). Are you ok? What's the matter?" His voice was filled with genuine concern. Watari was nowhere to be seen, he was asleep. He held me tight in his arms he rocked me gently back and forth.

"N-Nightmare." I said still shaking. He placed his palm on my forehead.

"It must have been very bad." I nodded wearily. He slid an arm under my knees and picked me up. "Everything is going to be alright, I am here now." He pushed open a small door which led to a bedroom. He placed me on the bed and tucked the covers right up to my neck. He was about to leave when I stopped him.

"P-Please s-sta-." He walked back over to me and cut me off.

"Shh. Ok." He crouched down next to me and stroked my hair gently. Out of nowhere he began humming. It was shaky but soothing. Never before had I heard him sing. It was beautiful. "No more nightmares." He whispered. I drifted off into a deep sleep with him humming a beautiful tune.

(Dream)

The pain stopped. All of a sudden I felt my eyes glow and I threw out my hands. I ascended back up to where the black grass was. I felt power run through my veins, my blood pumped. Time seemed to go backwards until the moment Light was in front of me. "You will be happier with me." He said. I clenched my fists.

"No," I sneered. "No one will ever be happy with you. You're just a cold-blooded serial killer. Heartless." He stepped backwards. I kept on walking towards me. My other self-ran up to me and attempted to punch me in the face. I stopped it mid-air but without touching it. I twisted my hand and she flew backwards into nothingness. "I will defeat you Light Yagami. I don't care what we have been through. Nothing will stop me." I felt a hand on my shoulder. There was a ferocious wind. My dress flapped violently. The man next to me was L. His eyes were somehow glowing black, and mine were glowing gold.

"Nothing." He said. His tone was low and threatening. There was a white light and it kept on glowing brighter. I looked down and saw Light falling into pitch blackness. Everything went silent. I had defeated Light Yagami with L by my side.

: