The Wedding - Bonus 2

(Time skip to party)

Everyone sits at small round tables excitedly chatting away, laughing, and smiling. Soichiro, who is sitting next to me, stands up with a glass and a knife in hand and gently taps the two together. A gentle and sweet noise rings throughout the big grand room, silence falls upon us. Lawliet, who of course at this point has taken his shoes off and is perched on the chair, smiles at me and takes my hand in his. I stare down at the shiny gold ring that I now wear. Soichiro clears his throat with a cough and opens his mouth to speak.

"On this special day we have been gathered here to celebrate the marriage of (Y/N) and Ryuzaki. After so many years of struggle they have finally made it. 'Till death do us part'" He quoted. "Literally in this sense, death has almost parted them on many occasions. This love is dangerous, but yet pure." He continued to talk about all the memories we had shared, the coma and how L was there by my side every single day without a doubt. Everything, everything he says makes a ball emotions stir inside my chest. As he closes his speech sweetly I feel my eyes start to water. I quickly wipe them away. Everyone claps as he takes a seat.

"That was beautiful," I say to him quietly.

"Thanks." He smiles back.

As the night went on we all ate a delicious meal, might I say expensive. Everyone, by everyone I mean the task force, for once in their lives looked finally at peace.

Then it was time for the first dance. Lawliet grabbed me by the hand and gently pulled me up gently. He led me to the centre of the room and a crowd gathered around us. Music started to gently play in the background. He placed his hands on my waist, tracing the outline with his thumbs. I slide my arms around his neck and rest my hands at the base of his hairline. The music starts to play louder, a soft tune. We start to move in time to the gentle beat.

I stare into his eyes which glimmer with the light of the white and golden fairy lights hanging around the room. Everything was so perfect. Just as how I had always imagined it. I smile deeply at him and he smiles back.

As the song comes near to its end he leans into me and whispers into my ear, "I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you more."

"Impossible." He chuckles and kissed my cheek. He takes a piece of my hair in-between his fingers and twirls it gently. I look up at my husband and smile goofily. "Is something the matter (Y/N)."

I shake my head. "No, nothing at all. I just can't believe all this has happened"

"This or everything."

"Everything." I say quietly thinking about all the good and bad times we shared, but the good ones strongly outweighed the bad ones. "But especially this." He smiles back. We slowly come to a stop and the music ends. Our lips meet softly and don't seem to break for a long time. It was just me and him, well, apart from the other guests. They all clapped as our lips parted.

The song changed and the pace picked up casing for all the other guests to move into the empty space that we occupied and start dancing with one another. As we moved in time with each other I looked at all the smiling and laughing faces that surrounded us. There was nothing other than happiness, no evil, no creepiness, no coldness, no Kira. My shoulders which I seemed to be tensing relaxed and I sighed happily. Everything would be alright, just like L had told me many times before. I look back at my husband once again and smile uncontrollably.

-----------------------------

As the night came to a close and the final guests were leaving I rested my head on his chest and slumped further into the couch we rested upon. He slid an arm around my neck and played with my hair but subtly stopped and reached over for the bowl of sweets next to me. I quickly snatched it away and giggled at his pouting face.

"One." I move the bowl closer to him. "Take one, only."

"Are you serious (Y/N). Do you even know me?"

"Hehe, yes." He reached into the bowl and quickly took a handful. He smirked at me and munched on the lollies. "You're hopeless." I smile at him and slide back into his arms. "But that's why I like you." I poke his nose. After a few minutes of silence, he speaks.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"This is the best day of my life. Thank you." I opened my mouth to reply but closed it again and dismissed what I was originally going to say.

"You're welcome. Mr Lawliet." He kisses my forehead lightly.

"Mrs Lawliet."

-------

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

  I have been finding it hard to produce a good quality chapter since there is alot of "pressure" on the content. You only deserve the best and I'm trying my hardest. I hope you understand :) but anway, I'M BACK (finally).

Now it's time for some shameless self promotion:
                     YouTube has been my dream ever since I was 9 so it would be amazing if you could check out my channel  - only if you want to, i'm not forcing you to :) Link is in profile

And thanks to all of you who have voted for me in the Death Note Awards, I appriciate you all!!!!!!!

Author-Chan =)