Chapter 48 - Scheming

Sorry that this chapter is way shorter than normal. Author-chan =)

-----------------------------

I reached my room and ran to the full length window. "REM!" I shouted. The Shinigami appeared before me.

"What is it?"

"You care about Misa, don't you?"

"Yes."

"You would do anything for her, even sacrifice your own life."

"If it means Misa is safe and happy, then yes."

"You're going to kill Watari and L."

"That is correct. It's the only way to ensure Misa's safety. It was all part of Light's plan."

"Is that so..." I trailed off. "I want to make a deal with you Rem."

"What kind of deal."

"A deal which would ensure Misa's happiness and mine."

"What are you planning on (F/N) (L/N)."

"I don't know if you know but I'm engaged to L. Killing him would take away my happiness. I will kill Misa if you do that." She opened her mouth to speak but I waggled a finger in her face. "I know what you are going to say, that you can just kill me but I can tell that you are kind and would not like to do that."

"Correct." It mumbled. I pressed my thumb against my bottom lip, just like L did.

"My plan is to stage that L and Watari have died but in reality they have not. It's the only way to save them from Light." I walked closer to the creature and lowered my voice. "In return I will ensure Misa's happiness and safety." I was lying through my teeth. I needed to get rid of this Shinigami and I knew how. I recalled a conversation between me and Light when he explained how to kill a Shinigami. Love.

My true plan was to hire a criminal to kill Misa. Rem will see this and sacrifice her life for Misa. After that we can bring them to justice. I knew that L would agree with me on this plan but I couldn't tell anyone else since they would think it's inhumane. But I was confident that my plan would 100% work. I hated myself for it, I would just be as worse as Kira but it was the only way.

(Time Skip – That Night, 11pm)

L walked through the doorway, I was waiting for him. "I feel like this is my last night." I crossed my arm and smirked.

"No it isn't thanks to your smart fiancé." I pointed a thumb at myself. He tilted his head in confusion. I stood up and looked him in the eyes. "I have plan." I explained my plan to him and he agreed on everything, including my plan to kill Rem. When telling him this I made sure to whisper it in his ear just in case Rem was around.