Chapter 49 - Death

We are at 1.7k reads. I'm sooo excited for when we get to 2k. Love you guys. Author-chan =)

----------------------------------

Today was the day my plan was going into action. I was going to save L and Watari. L walked in the room with Light. They were both soaking. "Where were you?!"

"On the roof." He crouched down in the chair next to me. I gently stroked his silky black hair and nodded at him slightly. I looked behind me as Rem did as I instructed her to and disappeared. The screens lit up, flashing the words all data deletion. I could tell that L was counting down the 40 seconds until he had to fake his death.

"What's going on." They all shouted in unison.

"Forty." I whispered under my breath. L stopped mid-sentence and started to fall to the floor. Now it was time for me to act. His body hit the tiled floor. "RYUZAKI!" I shrieked. Light came running to his side. I collapsed next to him. I forced tears onto my face. "L!"

"Don't die dammit!" Light hit his fist on the floor. I supported L's head and stared into his dark eyes. He brought a weak hand up to my face and stroked it gently.

"(Y/N)." He whispered, but loud enough for everyone to hear. I brought my hand with the ring on it to his face and planted a soft kiss between his parted lips.

"Please no. Don't go." I sobbed. His eyes began to slowly shut. Now to make the performance even more convincing. I screamed. "GHAAAAA, NO!!!! RYUZAKI!" I brought a shaking hand up to his neck and checked for his pulse. There was a pulse.

"He's dead." Light sat up and widened his eyes. "Where's the Shinigami?" They all ran out of the room to look for Rem. Rem had told me how Shinigami turn to sand when they died. I had planted a pile of sand and placed a fake notebook in the mixture.

"They are gone." L gasped for air finally being able to breathe. "Let's get you out of here. Hold your breath, they are coming back." I lifted him up into my arms and walked past the task force members.

"Where are you going (Y/N)." Matsuda asked.

"Ryuzaki told me where to take him in the event of his death." I sniffed. I closed the door behind us and put him down. He got onto his feet and brushed himself off.

"You have very good acting skills (Y/N)."

"Why thank you L."

"I am L no more. Not until Kira is put to justice. Only then will I reappear." I nodded with satisfaction. "We need to go before they find us." He led me to what looked like a cleaner's cupboard. He locked the door behind us. He started to move mops out of the way. He extended his hand and placed it on the wall. I stepped back when I heard a hissing sound. Doors appeared out of nowhere and we walked through only to reach a second door. He entered a code, I looked over his shoulder. The code was my name. I felt my heart skip a beat, I felt special for some reason. The doors opened up into a beautiful large room. It looked a bit like the apartment where my parents lived.

"Whoa, this is so cool."

"Y-Yes it really is." He said as he watched me run around the room with joy.

"Nice set up." I said pointing to the massive monitors. He grunted.

"You should go with the others."

"But I'm a grieving fiancé. I'm allowed to disappear for a while." I over exaggerated. He started biting his nails, just staring at me. "Is something the matter Lawliet?"

"You saved my life (Y/N). How could I ever repay you?" He mumbled.

"Well, for starters we can catch Kira. Then-" I jumped off the couch and into his arms. "We can get married." A smile stretched across his face.

"I would love that."