Chapter 46 - New Years

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND WHISH U AN AWESOME 2017. AUTHOR-CHAN =)

---------------------

I hadn't seen L for about a week. I was seriously getting worried about him. Occasionally I had seen his shadow and had run after him; nothing. I had been looking for him everywhere. New Year's day was tomorrow, I wanted to see him so bad. I felt guilty, was it my fault that he was sulking? I wanted to apologise so bad and mend things together between us. I walked in the main room where the task force was and curled up in a ball in the middle of it. I sobbed my eyes out of existence. I missed him. "(Y/N), what's wrong." Light walked over to me.

"I-It's n-nothing." I said wiping my tears. I looked at my watch. 11:30 pm. Soon it would be New Years. I wanted to spend it so badly with L. My cell phone beeped. I looked at it.

W: Go to roof.

"I need to go." I shoved it in my pocket and ran to the lift. Thoughts were flying through my head, was it L. Could I see him again? My heart pounded as the doors opened to a narrow staircase. I could feel the blood in my body being pumped around as I climbed the stairs and pushed open the door. I saw a lonely hunched figure in the clear night. "Lawliet." I whispered. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "Please don't leave again. I need you."

"I want to show you something."

"Show me what?"

"My love for you." I felt my face heat up as he took my hand and lead me over to a small checkered blanket with an assortment of sweets laid over it. He indicated for me to sit down. I sat down and he crouched down next to me and picked up a small sweet and popped it into my mouth. I chewed on the sweet.

"Mmmmmm..." I paused and looked at him expectantly. "Why did you disappear? Oh, and I just want to get one thing clear. I don't love anyone else but you." I emphasised on the you.

"I disappeared because I wanted to win you back. I did something that you might like."

"Oh Lawliet." I chuckled. "There's no need to win me back. You have always had me won over. Remember that!" He nodded and filled his mouth with sweats. My gaze fell over him, the neon city making him glow. The way his raven hair fell over his face, the way his shirt creased, the way his skin blended in with the snow, the way he sat, the way he talked. Everything, I realised that everything about him is what I have always wanted. My Lawliet.

Snow started to slowly drift down from the sky. "Lawliet?"

"Yes." He mumbled through his full mouth.

"I don't know your age. I-it doesn't bother me." He gulped down the food and spoke.

"I'm 25."

"Wow?!"

"What's the matter."

"I don't know. I guess I expected you to be a lot, w-well, o-o-older." I heard a faint chuckle escape his lips.

"It's time." He pulled me up and walked to the edge of the building with his arm tightly wrapped around my waist. "This is for you." He whispered. A firework shot up into the air and exploded into a multi-coloured heart shape. I watched in amazement as countless fireworks exploded out of the air above the city. I looked into his eyes and saw the colours reflecting wildly. He turned and pulled me into an embrace. "Happy new year's (Y/N)." A smile shot across my face and he pulled me in closer until our noses were touching. I leant in and planted a soft long kiss onto his lips. He pulled away and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we started to slowly dance. We waltzed off into the cold winter's night.