Chapter 57 - Cruel, Sick Monster

I lay awake in bed awake, it was still dark. L had left to speak to Watari over the phone in Roger's office to tell him about the threat. I shot open my eyes as I heard the door creak open slightly. The door stayed there. That was strange, if it was L he would have already entered. I knew L kept a gun underneath his pillow. I slowly pulled it out and hid it under the blankets. For all I knew the person who entered my room could be here to kill me. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were here for.

The door opened and was quietly close. I decided to pretend to stay asleep, I needed to find out what they were doing in my room. My eyes quickly adjusted to the dark and I saw that it was the same girl from before. What was she doing here? She came closer to me and quietly opened the bed side drawer and dropped something small inside. She went to the desk drawer and dropped something else inside. After that she went to the lamp and stuck something under the shade. The girl came back to me and slipped something into my glass of water.

I gripped onto his gun tighter. Before she left she came back to me and peered closely at my face. Her eyes widened as she saw that I was awake. She started to sprint for the door. I rolled out of the bed and grabbed her by the shirt. She came to her knees and faced me. I pointed the gun at her chest.

"Why are you in here?!" I ordered. "What did you put in my drink." She looked down at the floor and started crying. In that moment L entered the room and flipped on the lights.

"What the hell is going on?" He paused and shoved his hands in his pockets. "(Y/N), why do you have my gun?" I looked up at him.

"This is the girl I was talking about before. She came into this room and slipped something into my drink. She also put things in the drawers and in the lamp." L frowned at me then picked up my glass of water. He sniffed it then shook his head.

"Rat poison mixed with arsenic." I snapped my head towards the girl.

"Why did you try to kill me!" She didn't answer. I gripped tighter at her shirt. L looked around the room then came back.

"The girl planted listening devices. I have then all." He threw them on the ground then crushed them with his bare feet. He took the gun off me and pointed it at her head. "I don't like violence but I'm really mad. No one tries to kill my fiancé." His voice was cold and bit like the frozen wind.

She sobbed harder and scrunched her eyes tightly shut. She opened her mouth and bit down hard; breaking her jaw. She instantly collapsed to the floor. I let go of her shirt and L dropped the gun. He crouched down and looked inside her mouth then cocked his head back to me. "Cyanide." He stated. I felt sick.

"What kind of sick person would do this!" I got up and ran to Roger's office. I burst through the door which caused him to jump.

"(Y/N)! What is wrong?"

"You need to come with me." His eyes narrowed. We entered the room and he ran over to the small girl.

"Lucy." He whispered. "What happened." He asked looking back at us angrily. I told him what happened then he nodded sorrowfully. "I understand." He stood up. "Her file was interesting. Her parents worked for the secret service but once her mother died he joined the Mafia."

"Is he still alive."

"Yes, but I only just found out. I had to ask the secret service for permission to go through her parent's files. When she was brought to us they had told us that her parents were dead. Her father is also a known Kira supporter, a very strong one." He paused and took a deep breath in. "I'm sure that it was her father's plan."

"What kind of sick monster would do that to his daughter. She was only seven."