Chapter 68 - What I Missed Pt.2

(Continuing on from L's POV Flashback)

A whole year had passed since the incident. I had regained leadership of the Kira investigation but had put it on hold until (Y/N) was better. Every single day I would read to her and tell her our happiest memories. Everyday hoping that she would wake up. I would tell her of my plans for the future. How I wanted to marry her, how Kira would be brought to justice, how I wanted to have a family with her and how I wanted to grow old with her. I vowed this to her every single day hoping that she could hear my words. I never left the room, Watari attended to all my needs just like old times. But for some strange reason I preferred (Y/N) to do it and I knew Watari knew it. He was just like my father and she was just like his daughter. I missed her, yet she was so close.

Another year had passed.

I blew out the candles on her chocolate cake that I had made especially for her. She was now twenty-two, this whole time I had stayed by her side. I made the doctors keep the red string around her wrist, I knew that she would like to give it to Watari herself. "I love you (Y/N)." I whispered to her. I cut a slice for (Y/N) and left it next to her bed. I then cut one for myself. I forced myself to eat it knowing that it's what she would've wanted. She is the kindest person I know. Her bandages had been removed and her wounds healed. I had placed photos around her, ones from her childhood and ones of us.

One more year passed.

Hopes were wearing thin, all except mine. I would still sit there every day by her side. Doctors would come and go with their condolences and some had even told me that the best option was to turn her life support off which I had strongly objected to. The emotional pain was still there and always will be until she wakes up. I held onto her hand as her parents sat across the room and talked to her. They stopped mid-sentence as her heart monitor started to beep faster.

My eyes opened wider as her heart rate increased. Her chest started to heave up and down. The nurse rushed to her side. "She's breathing on her own!" She removed her ventilator and she kept on breathing just fine. My heart pounded and I shook all over with excitement. Her eyes started to flutter open.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Can you hear me?" I held tighter onto her hand. "I believe in you, wake up. (Y/N)!"

"Lawliet." Her parted lips whispered. Her voice was husky and quiet.

(End Flashback, Your POV) btw, L was explaining this all to you during the flashback.

"I love you too Lawliet. I really do. Thank you for being by my side." I paused. "For some reason this conversation has reminded me of something. Where the hell are my normal clothes?!" As if someone had just heard me Matsuda walked in with a suitcase full of clothes.

"Here you go (Y/N)." L took it from him and placed it on the table and unzipped it. He picked out some clothes and returned to me. We both stopped and looked at Matsuda.

"Get out!" We said in unison.

"And lock the door on your way out!" I added. He locked the door from the inside and ducked out. L hesitantly lifted off my gown since I was too weak to do it myself. The hospital had given me the courtesy of giving me underwear but nothing to cover my top half. I caught L staring. "HEY! Give me that!" I snatched the gown off him and covered myself. "Now give me one of those things." I pointed over to the suitcase. He turned his head to me.

"I can't see to where you are pointing to."

"Just pass me the damn suitcase." He nodded and brought it over to me. I took out a bra and slipped it on but couldn't reach the clip, I was too weak. "Umm, I'm going to need some help." He nodded, there was a light pink haze across his face. I leant forward and he reached behind me and clipped it up. The whole time he was staring into my eyes. I brought a hand up to his cheek and caressed it. I looked back into his eyes which were filled with want and desire. His arms tightened around my bare back as he moved into a warm and lustful kiss. I weakly slid my arm around his neck and pulled at his raven hair. A small pleasurable moan escaped my lips. For me time had passed in an instant but for him, he had to wait for three whole years to kiss me again.

To me L was my Co-worker, a best friend, my lover. I moved deeper into the kiss. After a precious moment we pulled away from each other. "I've waited three years to do that." He Whispered.

"Oh Lawliet."

"I've missed you (Y/N)." There was another knock on the door.

"May I come in?" It was the nurse.

"Yeah, just a second." I replied. I lifted up my arms and L slid on the shirt. With some struggle he eventually managed to pull my pants up over my undernourished legs. He went over to the door and let the nurse in.

"Now I hope you don't mind but we are going to be taking some more blood." I nodded and held out my arm out of habit.