Chapter 12: It's Over

Chapter 12

"Can you stop?" Elizabeth hissed after I'd thrown what must've been the twentieth paper ball at her.

"Come on, I'm bored." I whined.

We had nothing to do in the office this morning.

"Yeah and I'm trying to pass English. Leave me alone." Elizabeth laughed, throwing one of the balls back at me.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"Your brother get off okay?"

"Yeah they left yesterday around noon." Elizabeth nodded. "Stop distracting me."

I rolled my eyes, starting to make another paper ball to launch at her.

"What are you up to after school?" I asked curiously.

"Uh meeting up with a new trainer." Elizabeth replied.

"A trainer?" I raised my eyebrows.

She nodded, not looking up from the packet she was working on.

"What for?" I prompted, trying to get more answers out of her.

"Uh... Well I only just recently finished rehab for my knee." She muttered, scribbling something out with her pen. "But I still want to stay in shape, so mom found me a trainer."

"Well that's cool." I grinned. "But you certainly look in shape."

Elizabeth let out a soft laugh, her cheeks flushing pink.

"What time do you get done?" I asked curiously, tossing the ball at her.

She ignored it, continuing to write.

"5." She replied simply.

"Sick, same. You remember how to get out to the barn? You wanna hang out?" I asked with a grin.

Elizabeth's face turned slightly pink again and a smile crossed her face.

And then it hit me.

I had her giggling and blushing.

Tonight was the night.

I'd win the bet, make some progress with her, and she'd never know any different.

Win win situation.

"Sure." Elizabeth nodded, glancing up at me. "I've been itching to school someone in FIFA again."

"Oh really?" I laughed. "You think you have anything on me?"

"Oh I know I've got everything on you." She teased. "Now let me finish my homework so my parents don't murder me for failing out of school."

"So they're totally fine with you shacking up with some dude in your bedroom, but a missed assignment is the end of the world?" I laughed. "That's backwards."

"I'm the kid of two college professors. Good grades are everything." Elizabeth laughed. "And they think my brother's the one who gets laid all the time. They still think I'm the innocent little kid who cries when she gets a paper cut. What they don't know won't hurt them."

I felt a smirk crossing my face. This girl just got better and better every day.

"So you're not innocent?" I questioned, wondering if it was even possible to get it from her later.

Elizabeth laughed.

"That ship sailed long ago." Elizabeth shook her head. "Now shut up and let me work."