Chapter 26: Sober Saturday Night

Chapter 26

"Who're we missing?" Coach Turner asked, a frown crossing his face when his count didn't come up with the number he wanted. "I know Masters is excused for a family thing... But we should have..."

"Elizabeth!" Kurt spoke up bitterly. "Doesn't even show up for film..."

"Enough." Coach Turner snapped. "Don't be like that. We'll give her a few more minutes. It's a tough house to find and she lives far away."

I frowned, pulling out my phone.

I sent a quick text to Elizabeth, asking where she was.

"I know she was pretty sick last night after the game." I spoke up.

"You mean she was drinking? That's against the rules!" Kurt said loudly.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed. "Stop being a bitch!"

"Boys." Coach Turner said seriously.

"Her brother said she'd been puking all afternoon and I don't know how the hell she made it through the game. I had to stop three times driving her home so she could puke." I said harshly. "Give the girl some credit."

"She was sick?" Coach Turner asked in shock. "Dedication."

Not a moment later, my phone started ringing.

"It's her." I sighed before answering the phone. "Elizabeth where the hell are you. We have film."

"Yeah I'm on my way. Do I just walk in? Or what?"

"Yeah, just come in. We're in the basement." I sighed. "Are you okay?"

"Just peachy. I'll see you in a sec." Elizabeth said before hanging up the phone.

"She's here." I said, sliding my phone into my pocket.

A moment later, Elizabeth appeared at the bottom of the steps, a smile on her face.

I scooted over and she quickly took the seat next to me, smelling like freshly shampooed hair.

"Welcome, how are you feeling?" Coach Turner asked happily.

Elizabeth glanced at me briefly before broadening the smile on her face.

"Just great." She said confidently.

"You sure about that?" Coach Turner asked, giving her a look.

"One hundred percent." Elizabeth nodded.

Coach Turner shrugged and started talking to the rest of the team.

Elizabeth let out a sigh, pressing her shoulder against mine.

"You good?" I whispered, my eyes meeting hers.

Elizabeth nodded, giving me a wink. "Never better."

~*~*~

"See, I told you the team would warm up to you." I told Elizabeth, poking her hip as a smile crossed my face.

Elizabeth sighed, not looking up from her phone.

"They're not exactly warm towards me they just no longer hate me." Elizabeth said softly. "And that's just because I actually did alright last night."

"You did better than alright." I told her, wrapping my arm completely around her waist.

Elizabeth finally put her phone away as I pulled her hips towards me.

"Can you not?" She whispered, bending her face down to mine. "I told you that you could hang out here if you didn't try anything."

"I can't help it that you look sexy." I protested, bending down to press a kiss to her bare thigh.